TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BadgerMilk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I don't want to do go through this again... - August 18th 2010, 03:58 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi everyone, I'm 16 years old, male. Last year I went through a very difficult depression, I just barely made it through with the help of people I cared about deeply, who cared about me just as much.

But I've the past few weeks I've been miserable, my girlfriend, who was my one true support broke up with me, and has told me she doesn't want to deal with my depression because it upsets her.

I can't sleep anymore, I can't eat, I always feel thirsty no matter how much I drink, I can't go through another depression. I want to end it so badly, I'm not sure why I'm writing this, maybe as a last desperate cry for help. I tried to kill myself today, and I want to try again. Maybe someone will say something which will help me through this, I really hope they do...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
keo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want to do go through this again... - August 18th 2010, 01:13 PM

hey,

you're not alone, and you don't have to go through this alone. Look at it this way, you've been through depression - as fucking awful as it was and come out the other side. You're here, you had a stable relationship, you were not sad for a while. Remember what that felt like. You can feel it again.

You said you managed to get through it before with the support of family and friends - are any of these still around? Your girlfriend might not be but what about your family? And aside from that, can you have a think about what else helped you? Did you eat differently, or reach out to someone when you felt yourself getting down? What did you do that helped? Whatever it is, try that again.

good luck, if you ever need someone to talk to PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
zeekool Offline
Friend
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zach

Re: I don't want to do go through this again... - August 22nd 2010, 08:46 PM

hey, i totally understand where you're coming from. you almost just described my past - i went through a depression, my girlfriend helped, but then she left and i went into another period of depression. the thing is, the first one's always the hardest. you've learned, maybe subconsciously, how to deal with depression, and you can do this. just because your girlfriend left does NOT mean you're alone we're all here for you, your family's here for you, and your friends are there for you. you don't have to be afraid, instead you have to be proactive. if you want some tips to help avoid getting into a serious funk, go to www.hubpages.com/hub/fromexperience . I wrote that article, and all of the tips there I've learned through experience. It might really help
Good luck man

enjoy what you can, when you can
  Send a message via AIM to zeekool Send a message via Yahoo to zeekool Send a message via Skype™ to zeekool 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I don't want to do go through this again... - August 22nd 2010, 09:30 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you are struggling so much. I wish I had words that could take your pain away but of course I don't. However I do have my own experience with this type of thing so maybe the things I have learned will help you.

Firstly, I want to encourage you to seek out help. Go to your parents and your friends and ask them for help. Explain to them how badly you are struggling and let them help you. I know it can be hard to reach out to our loved ones because we don't know how they will respond but I think that some of them will rally behind you.

I also think it would be a great idea for you to open up to a therapist about the things that are going on. A counselor will help ensure your safety and help you get to a place where you don't want to kill yourself any more.

I am sorry about your girlfriend, I know that must have been hard but here is the thing, you can and will find someone else who can support you in the ways that you need. I am going to be honest with you, not everyone can 'handle' a friend or family members depression and some people turn away. Now, I am not excusing your girlfriends behavior but maybe the reason she left was because she was afraid of losing you. When a loved one is struggling with something and there is nothing we can do to help them we start to feel helpless and scared. Maybe those feelings got too overwhelming for your girlfriend and she had to take a step back. I know that it hurts you but I know that you can heal from it.

Depression is a horrible thing to suffer from but I promise your suicidal thoughts won't always be as strong. I remember years ago when all I could think about was death and ways to kill myself. Very very slowly I started to work my way out of that. Today I am a lot better than I was three years ago but I still have a ways to go. I still succumb to depression and thoughts of suicide but I realize that those things will not help anything and I realize all the things I will never get to experience if I kill myself. Hang on because one day your reasons to live will increase and get stronger and the pain you are in now will not be as intense. Until you get there reach out to your loved ones, okay? You can make it through this.

Please hang in there and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BadgerMilk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want to do go through this again... - August 29th 2010, 06:04 AM

Thanks for all the responses guys! It means a lot to me to know they're good people out there.

Closed Thread