TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Really depressed - August 19th 2010, 01:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I give up, I'm just done. I can't handle these constant knock-backs. I hate this cruel world. All I want is a damn break!! I'm sick of waiting for that though, this is now my only option. In the past I have failed because I have had friends around to stop me, but this time they have all distanced themselves from me, so they can't step in!
I'm pretty sure a couple of my friends on here will be upset for me posting this, but I'm sorry guys. I'm not strong enough to cope with this. I need to do it, [Edited by ~CourageousSurvivor~ Reason: Content seemed to be along the lines of a goodbye thread which is not allowed on teenhelp.] I can't bear it anymore. No-one really cares, so I dont really know why I'm posting. [Edited] Meh...
sorry for wasting your time

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; August 22nd 2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Edited to allow content to better fit into forum rules. Please do not post goodbye threads.
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
katniss Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: Really depressed - August 19th 2010, 02:56 PM

I care, please don't do it. Please PM me... I know we've never talked before, but I DO care about you. Please talk to me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Really depressed - August 19th 2010, 03:07 PM

there is nothing to say

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Really depressed - August 19th 2010, 04:40 PM

Love things will never get better if you don't give them a chance to. I know you're sick of waiting and it's so easy to lose hope after a while, but please just hang in there. I promise you that things will start to feel better and then you'll be able to appreciate the good aprts so so much more, because you were strong enough to hang in there.xxxxx

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Really depressed - August 19th 2010, 05:01 PM

I've given them loads of chances. nothing has changed xx

Paramore! <3
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: Really depressed - August 20th 2010, 07:49 PM

I really, sincerely hope that you haven't done anything to harm yourself. I'm going through the exact same thing you're going through. Depression feels like you're living in hell 24/7, but let me tell you that it won't always be that way. I know you're probably thinking, "what the hell is this girl talking about?! She doesn't understand me one bit!" But I swear to you, it won't always be like this. I know it may not feel like it now, but you have SO MUCH to offer in the world. You just haven't realized it yet. I remember being in your position. Feeling like there was no way out but to do the unthinkable. Well let me be the first to tell you that having someone to talk to, like a psychologist or a therapist, helps a lot. You learn so much about yourself and who you are as a person. Please, reconsider. Think about seeing a psychologist. It doesn't mean that you're crazy. It means that you want help so you can finally move on in life. PM me anytime, okay?

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Really depressed - August 21st 2010, 10:51 PM

Hi there, Georgia-Louise.

How are you doing? I saw that you'd logged on today. I was severely happy for you. (: That means you made it through another night, and you came out even stronger. You know, I've heard that nights are a lot harder to cope with than days. So, if you can make it through the nights to the days, you're automatically going to be a little stronger, and a little more able to cope with things the next day. You're doing a marvelous job of hanging in their, GL. (:

Let me just mention right quick, by the way, that I just love your avatar. It represents so much, and I can't decide if it means something good or if it means something bad. On one hand, it could mean that love is so precious that it will slide through your hands if you don't hold on tight, but on the other, it could mean that love is so fragmented that it could fall through your fingers at any minute. I choose to believe the first one.

GL, you're eighteen. You haven't seen your twenties yet, or your thirties, and you never know - they could hold something amazing in store for you in those years. I bet, in fact, that they will. In the mean time, you have have have to learn to never take the small joys in life for granted. We were meant to love and be loved, and live and be lived with. Laugh. All of it - it's all true. (: When you think you've found yourself in a rut, you can't stop yourself there - each time you push through, again, it makes you stronger. And of course you've heard this all before, but a little reinforcement never hurts, right?

I hope you have a fabulous rest of your weekend - go out and do something fun!

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Really depressed - August 22nd 2010, 09:09 PM

Thanks for your messages. I'm not good, but I'm alive. Thanks, I like it too!
I've just..given up of holding on
I'm not going out much atm, I'm hardly leaving the house!

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread