TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LovesMeNot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

The thoughts... - August 21st 2010, 10:50 PM

The thoughts are coming back.
The ones that tell me to just end it all.

The one that made me try to end it.
But this time, i have nothing stopping me.
I have lost everything.
I have found almost every single one of my friends is using me.
I am a trouble to my family.
And i can't seem to do anything right in anyone's eyes.
Not even in mine.
I am giving myself 10 days.
10 days to find 5 reasons to stay.
If not.
Bye.
If i do.
I will keep trying.
But i don't know if i can,
when everything is telling me to just throw it all away.

"My ship went down
In a sea of sound
When I woke up alone
I had everything
A hand full of moments
I wished I could change
and a tounge like a nightmare
That cut like a blade
In a city of fools
I was careful and cool
but they tore me apart like a hurricane
A hand full of moments
I wished I could change
but I was carried away

Give me therapy
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling on everything
Therapy you were never a friend to me
and you can keep all your misery"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Paige <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paige

Re: The thoughts... - August 21st 2010, 11:49 PM

There are plenty of things you havent gotten to do yet! There are plenty of people on here to be your friends, to stick with you forever. try looking at the reasons to live post! It helped me a lot. Its okay to have thoughts, but you should controll them and slowly try to eliminate them. I dont know your family situation, but I bet they love you, they just dont understand or know what to do. Or they may not even realize anything is wrong. Hang in there! im always here to talk

Jerimiah 29:11
''For I know the thoughts I have towards you, says the Lord. Thoughts of good and not evil. To give you an expected end.''
  Send a message via AIM to broken-but-beautiful  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: The thoughts... - August 22nd 2010, 12:04 AM

Hi Laura! Good to hear from you again (though I certainly regret that you're having to post on a not positive note - that's no fun). I hope you've had an alright summer, though, and that you're looking forward to going back to school for a fresh new year.

Friends: I don't know what kind of friends these people are if they've been using you. Why, and how, exactly do you feel as though you've been used? I know the feeling, as I've experienced it a couple of times this and once with a boy a few weeks ago (yikes), and let me just agree with you that it's not fun. Let me also say, though, that you seem like you have such a good heart and amazing intentions, and sometimes, you'll encounter malicious people who are going to take advantage of that. You know what, though? For every person you'll encounter who will take advantage of the kind heart you have to offer, there will hopefully be several more willing to work with you and get to know you. People do care about you, and I regret that you had to learn about people walking all over others the hard way.

Family: Why do you feel as though you're a burden on your family? I used to feel that way when I was in my younger teens, but more recently, I've come to the conclusion that even though each member of my family is distinctly different, it means that we all have something unique to bring to the table -- and we do. (: I guess it's just a matter of feeling appreciated, right? Have you tried talking to your family about what's going on, or even just spending a little bit of quality time with them? Family is family is family; can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Laura, I like your idea of finding five reasons to live. I don't necessarily like the time limit you've put on it, but I like the idea. And I know that, for you, you will certainly be able to look inside yourself and find these reasons. For me, it would be my sister -- I would love to be there to hopefully make high school dance team, which I once did, and graduate high school and college and hopefully adopt children - I want to be there, though, so she can hopefully love my children since she can't have her own. It would also be the people I love and watching them accomplish all the things I know they're meant to accomplish. It would be my place of employment - if I wasn't there, who else would keep the chemicals in line? The pool would turn green. It might also be my education - I'm so, so interested in what I've been learning lately - it keeps me busy; the more I learn, the less I know I know! It's such a crazy concept. So, when you look for reasons to live, Laura, think outside the box, 'cause I think you'll find that they're out there.

I'll send positive thoughts your way. Take good care of yourself, and keep me posted on how things are going.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
zeekool Offline
Friend
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zach

Re: The thoughts... - August 22nd 2010, 02:14 AM

Hey . Look, I understand you're in a tough spot, and I won't lie to you and say I know it will get better soon. However, if you stick in there, eventually you won't have to look for reasons to live, because they'll be knocking on your door. Try to get out there, make new friends, do things you've always wanted to do, have fun! It may seem like you have no other choice, but you do. You can't throw your life away, because after that you truly will have no choice. It's our choices that define us, and I can tell that you're a beautiful person, so don't end it now.

enjoy what you can, when you can
  Send a message via AIM to zeekool Send a message via Yahoo to zeekool Send a message via Skype™ to zeekool 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LovesMeNot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: The thoughts... - August 22nd 2010, 02:50 AM

Thank you all. This is hard for me though as i have before tried to end it. Long story short the rope snapped bc i am fat. I truly AM a burden to my family. i was born dead, blue and my belly button is messed up bc my dad was shaking he was so scared when he cut my umbilical cord. I should have died then, but for some reason they brought me back. i have caused my family so many problems with my screw ups you will not believe. My friends here have used my only weakness against me: my heart. i care far too much for people that hurt me, i can never seem to let them go. Like josh, one of my best guy friends, i care so much about him even when he ignores me. i learned a couple days ago he was caught with crystal meth. like sidney, who fed me her lies and drown me in rumors. like cayla, who killed me emotionally. i am numb except for this god awful weight on my chest. i am sick of the pain. scars&&last resort by papa roach have been singing to me all day and it is all finally making sense. i am ugly, fat and worthless. i am dead inside and should have been dead a long time ago

"My ship went down
In a sea of sound
When I woke up alone
I had everything
A hand full of moments
I wished I could change
and a tounge like a nightmare
That cut like a blade
In a city of fools
I was careful and cool
but they tore me apart like a hurricane
A hand full of moments