TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rebeccajane Offline
Not a n00b

Need extra help. - August 24th 2010, 01:49 AM

So, one of the main reasons i joined this site today, was cos i need extra help. My life is and always has been too much. My councilor that i talk to at least like 3 or 4 times a week, has taken this week off. I talked to her yesterday, just after i got out of the hospital for attempting suicide. I know it probably sounds crazy. But i feel so lost and scared without her around. I feel like shes always there for me and genuinely cares about me. Shes always so nice and seems to always be say the right things and make me feel calm and happy and like i can do anything. But i have to go till next monday without her Please help me
Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Need extra help. - August 24th 2010, 02:03 AM

Rebecca,

I know how scary it can be to go without a therapist but remember you will be back in her office soon enough. It sounds like you have a very close bond with your therapist and that is fantastic. Some people have a hard time forming that bond and getting support from their therapist. With the bond the two of you have I think that with time you will be able to heal from everything going on in your life.

Now, whenever you feel in dire need of your therapist there are a few things you can do.

1) You can log onto this site, submit a helplink ticket (that is an excellent way to vent your feelings and eventually get 3+ replies), go into Livehelp (this is a one to one chat with a staff member), go into the chat room or post in the forums.

While these things cannot take the place of your therapist they can give you some good means of getting everything you are worried about off your chest. And, get some good responses.

2) Journal. I know that journaling helps me when I cannot see my therapist. I can write about the things that are bothering me and then try to come up with some things that my therapist might have to say about it. And, I sometimes take in what I have written and talk to my therapist about it.

Not only will this give you an outlet in times when your therapist cannot be there but it might give you some things to work on in therapy.

3) The thing that might help you the most is if you call a hotline. I called a hotline once when I was really suicidal and it helped immensely. The person I talked to was really caring and sat wtih me for some time. She listened to what I had to say and really seemed to care. Calling the hotline helped me hang on until I could go in and talk to my therapist. Maybe it will help you as well.

I am going to give you the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/

Please look at that and find the hotline that best suits your needs. I know it might be scary to call someone you don't really know but it could really help you get through your therapists absence.

I hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rebeccajane Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Need extra help. - August 24th 2010, 02:26 AM

Jenna,
Thank you so much for your helped. It did help me alot and give me some ideas on how to get through the week. I feel so stupid for being so weak like this and relying on someone so bad. I have been seeing councilors since i was about 11 or 12. I met this one about 5 months ago. And shes been the first one that ive found it easy to open up to. And like i can just say anything and i find her so helpful. I mean, ive defiantly found something that works for me
Thanks again

Closed Thread