TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blustargirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: blu

Unhappy Please talk me out of this. - August 25th 2010, 01:46 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been trying to talk myself out of it, but it isn't really working. And my parents are no help (they read my messages- not anymore, though, the assholes- , so now they know about the whole damn thing). Interfering and sending me to a fuckin shrink?? As if!! I'm not losing my swagger that easy- I may lie and swear and cut myself, but I still have some semblance of honor. Anyway, I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do, especially as I get attached to people waaaaaaay too easily. Usually I'm either hurting myself or just numb. Any ideas? I'm trying not to do anything permanent to myself, and that includes suicide...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Please talk me out of this. - August 25th 2010, 02:27 AM

Hey there Blu,

I am glad that you have found this website and I hope that we are going to be able to help support you. It sounds like you could be on the right track to getting help but you have to be open and willing to accept it.

Your parents got you into therapy and I think that is great. I can understand why you may not be too thrilled about it though. Therapy is kind of a taboo issue there are a lot of people in the world who think that people who go to therapy are weak; I don't believe that at all. In my opinion people who seek out therapy are strong and brave and determined and in essence they have more honor then others. Therapy is a tool in which people can use to keep living and if people don't jump at that chance being offered they are really missing out. I want to encourage you to not miss out.

Yes, it is hard to open up to a new person about your feelings but with time and honesty you could gain a lot from it. Therapy requires a lot of work; it is not just about going into a therapist and talking about your feelings. Therapy requires that you apply the things you learn to your life. And it also requires that you do some work outside of therapy. Some therapist will give little homework assignments to help their patients. My therapist does not do that but I journal all the time and sometimes the things I write about I take to therapy. Also, I try to apply the coping skills I talk with my therapist about to real life; when I feel like harming myself I reach out instead. Therapy can be a great tool so please take advantage of it.

As for yourself harm; I suggest that you look into the alternatives. Sometimes it seems as if they do not work but don't give up because it is a long and involved process. With enough preserverance you will succeed.

Here is the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t9418-alternatives-self-harm/

I am also going to suggest that you make a list of reasons to live. I know I did that in the past when I was really depressed. My list started out kind of small but over time it grew. I am going to give you a link to the reasons to live sticky; take a look at that and then make your own list.

Here is the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t272-reasons-live/

Another thing you could do is sticky all the reasons you find to live up around your room. That way when you start feeling really badly you will see them and, hopefully, think again.

I hope this helped.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; August 25th 2010 at 02:38 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blustargirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: blu

Re: Please talk me out of this. - August 25th 2010, 11:07 PM

I'm not gonna talk to somebody, but thanks, I guess.

OK, I get it, suicide is stupid and I should go talk to somebody!! Now will you SHUT UP!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Please talk me out of this. - August 26th 2010, 12:13 AM

theres nothing wrong with getting help. it's not a weakness - it shows great strength if anything, admitting that some help is what you need.
you obviously know that committing suicide is not the answer or you wouldn't have made this thread. something inside of you is telling you that there are other alternatives. there are always positives in every situation, try and find some positives and think of ways to move forward.
i suggest talking to your parents again and if they are no help then talk to a school counsellor/teacher/friend/anyone really. when you're feeling like this going through it alone makes it 10 times worse. i think you would find it beneficial to speak to someone.. even if you're adamant that it won't help. you won't know if you don't try, eh?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Please talk me out of this. - August 26th 2010, 12:41 AM

I absolutely understand that you don't want to talk to anyone. Sometimes telling others about personal things (suicide, depression, even a physical issue sometimes) can be scary; partly because the whole situation is often scary. But like Elle. said, there is absolutely NO shame in getting help. It doesn't make you weak, it doesn't make you bad, it simply makes you human. Every single person on planet Earth needs help from time to time. I won't lie: reaching out is probably going to be a little scary for you; it is for most people. But once you do tell someone that fear will probably go away, or at least diminish. It's really satisfying to talk to someone about something that's sad or scary! In the end, it feels good to have mentioned it to someone. Look on the upside! You've talked to us. It's a good start! Therapy is also a good idea, but if you're not ready for that, you can talk to a friend and ask them for some help. It's possible that some of your friends have had therapy before, and even if not they can encourage you and help you through it. They might even be willing to go with you.

Here's a thread that might be helpful for bringing stuff up to people:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-f...sitive-topics/

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

Closed Thread