TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

getting slightly better, but still feeling a lil bad. - August 25th 2010, 04:33 AM

well i've posted on a thread here before..

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...e-feeling-way/

and i dont feel as bad as that any more. but the point here is.. i'm kinda irritated with this kinda depression.. it kinda semi-merged with my system. I'm trying to get out of it and i know it's not good. It's irritating me a lot.

any help or concern is greatly appreciated.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: getting slightly better, but still feeling a lil bad. - August 25th 2010, 08:01 AM

Hey there stranger!
I just read your other thread and I agree with the threads that were posted. Your so damn caring! I know how hard it is to start feeling better but there will be some days that are worse then others. Maybe you can join a group of your interest? Such a drama, music or sport group? What I've found out is that the group I hung around during drama made me laugh a lot and the things they said and did just used to make my day. What also helps me if punching a pillow or punching bag, screaming or singing really loudly. You could also write your feelings down or have your music up really loud so that it blocks everything out and it's just you and the music.
I hoped I helped.
x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: getting slightly better, but still feeling a lil bad. - August 26th 2010, 09:50 PM

i agree with the post above that maybe you should get into something you enjoy doing, because that can really help you so, you wont be so sad most of the time. I know for a fact that i have tried everything that the two things i like is athletic training and music, ever since i was told that i have sever deression that is when i have start these two groups and i can say that it has helped me because i feel like i am not the same person i was about 12 months ago, i have change and it takes time but, you will feel it once you start something that you love doing.

i am always here if you want to talk, you can PM me anytime

Theresa

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: getting slightly better, but still feeling a lil bad. - August 26th 2010, 09:58 PM

thanks so much both theresa and rianna i'm definitely making some headway after the advice . appreciating it loads!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: getting slightly better, but still feeling a lil bad. - August 28th 2010, 02:56 AM

Hey,

I am glad things are looking up. I know that you are still stuck in a depressed mode but it will slowly work its way off. I know that when I fall into a state of depression it doesn't automatically just go away. It takes a few days (sometimes longer) to wear off. I am sure if you give yourself time you will notice that happening.

Frustration makes sense in this case I get that way too but just give it time. It will wear off.

What kind of things are you doing to get out of the funk? When I get into a depression 'funk' I usually go see a movie, go to the bookstore, go to starbucks and try to hang around people (friends, family). I find that when I get out of my isolation mood it helps. If you have not done so maybe you could give one of those suggestions a try?

I hope this helps and hang in there you are a great person and things will get better you just have to believe it!!

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread