TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
i love you...<3
Average Joe

Question Depression? - August 25th 2010, 06:50 AM

So something is deffinately wrong with me, either im depressed or phsyco. i was in a fine mood until my ex boyfriend called me (were on and off blah blah blah, were gonna get back together soon) and then apperently his phone was being stupid and staticy so he said he'll just talk to me tomorrow or somethin after 5 mins of talking but normally we talk for like 3 hours. so i was like "k whatever" then hung up and chucked my phone across the room. wtf??? that is such a stupid reason to get upset idk what the fuck was wrong with me, then i got pissed cuz my mom wouldnt cut me water melon cuz she feels like shes gonna puke so i started being a bitch and just like stabbing the water melon and then it fell on the floor and broke into a bunch of pieces, and i was so upset and like almost started crying and wanted to cut really bad. but now that i think about it, all of that was wayyyy over reacting and ridiculous and im over it and fine now... what the hell is wrong with me?

[[EDIT]] this is NOT the first time i have over reacted and freaked out over nothing

Last edited by Far From Perfect; August 25th 2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: more detail?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Depression? - August 25th 2010, 06:53 AM

Well, as you said, you overreacted. Could be Depression. Or... it could just be an overreaction from a bad day. Either way. If you're concerned about it being Depression, I suggest you talk to your family doctor.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depression? - August 25th 2010, 01:47 PM

That is less likely to be depression from the sounds of it. Depression can be a sort of a void. To me that sounds more like genuine frustration or anger or possibly a mood disorder.

It seems to me that you went through some difficult and frustrating times. You were hurt over what your ex did. Talking to him again and then having that negative experience could have very well opened old wounds. Therefore all the negative emotions from previous negative experiences with that young man that you have not completely dealt with came flooding back in with the new feelings. Emotions tend to have a compounding effect.

It may be wise to see a psychiatrist, similar to what the previous poster said. I would recommend against seeing a family doctor as they tend to not be well-informed enough about psychological disorders to provide the best care. Psychiatrists are specifically trained to diagnose and care for mental health. However, if you do not have access to one where you live a family doctor would be the next best thing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Depression? - August 26th 2010, 02:49 AM

Hey there,

It could be a number of things. I know that depression can cause irritability. Another thing that can cause these 'overrreactions' is when we hold in our emotions for a excessive amount of time and finally we just explode.

So, if you hold onto your feelings too much I would suggest that you find a way to let them out. If you like to journal give that a try. Submit a helplink ticket, log onto Livehelp, post a thread, go into chat.

A big way you can vent your emotions is by talking about them. The above suggestions I mentioned are a great way to go about that but another great way is by talking to the people in real life. Your loved ones are there to support you and I am sure they would be more then willing to listen to your frustrations, anger, sadness etc.

Another venue you could go to talk about your feelings is therapy. I know that a therapist is a good way to vent your feelings in a safe environment. Of course talking to a stranger can be kind of scary but over time the therapist will become less and less of a stranger. And, it can prove to be really beneficial.

When you start opening up and expressing your feelings you might notice these incidents occuring less and less.

I hope this helped and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i love you...<3
Average Joe

Re: Depression? - August 26th 2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
Hey there,

It could be a number of things. I know that depression can cause irritability. Another thing that can cause these 'overrreactions' is when we hold in our emotions for a excessive amount of time and finally we just explode.

So, if you hold onto your feelings too much I would suggest that you find a way to let them out. If you like to journal give that a try. Submit a helplink ticket, log onto Livehelp, post a thread, go into chat.

A big way you can vent your emotions is by talking about them. The above suggestions I mentioned are a great way to go about that but another great way is by talking to the people in real life. Your loved ones are there to support you and I am sure they would be more then willing to listen to your frustrations, anger, sadness etc.

Another venue you could go to talk about your feelings is therapy. I know that a therapist is a good way to vent your feelings in a safe environment. Of course talking to a stranger can be kind of scary but over time the therapist will become less and less of a stranger. And, it can prove to be really beneficial.

When you start opening up and expressing your feelings you might notice these incidents occuring less and less.

I hope this helped and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

yeah, i dont have a problem with bottling up feelings cuz i dont bottle them up i always talk about whats wrong with everyone... but thanks haha

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depression? - August 26th 2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far From Perfect View Post
yeah, i dont have a problem with bottling up feelings cuz i dont bottle them up i always talk about whats wrong with everyone... but thanks haha
Do you talk about what is wrong with the individual that has wronged you? That is generally seen as more productive. Talking your feelings out with others is nice; but even therapists will suggest you communicate with the original offender.

Another idea comes to mind. Something Jenna posted in another thread. Keep a journal. Right now figuring out exactly what lead up to the over-reaction is somewhat of guesswork. Perhaps the call with the boyfriend was the final straw. Stressors can add up quickly and without us initially realizing it. Then when we finally do explode we mis-attribute it to the last issue instead of seeing the bigger picture.

Closed Thread