TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lunapie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Am I depressed? - August 25th 2010, 02:57 PM

I am an athletic happy kind of person. But these past few days all I have wanted to do was just sit in my bed and cry. Nothing bad has happened to me. I have been skipping soccer practice and not wanting to do anything that I usually do. I am a huge reader but every time I pick up a book I get upset. I can't watch more than 2 minutes of Tv. My sister just got over mono so my mom thinks that I have it too. So she just lets me lie around. And she works all day so she isn't really around. Am I depressed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I depressed? - August 25th 2010, 05:37 PM

You may be depressed.

Look back over the past couple weeks. Has anything out of the ordinary happened that may have triggered an supercharged emotional state? It sounds like you are being overwhelmed and certain activities (such as reading and watching TV) that can invoke emotions are being difficult.

I would look into the depression resources sticky in this forum to look up the symptoms of depression. Loss of interest in normal activities, low emotional states, loss of energy, and loss of appetite are common with depression. It could be mono as well. Mono will completely drain you of your energy which could simulate a depressive state. As long as you are not having any suicidal ideation or other complicated issues I would wait it out.

If after a week or two you don't feel any better I would definitely see a doctor (just in case it is medical and not psychological).

I hope you feel better soon.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Am I depressed? - August 26th 2010, 02:40 AM

Hey there,

Since we are not professionals we cannot actually tell you whether or not you are suffering from depression. Although we can give you a good amount of support and advice. I hope that proves helpful.

I think that the suggestion that Chris made was fantastic. Soemtimes we cannot think of anything, right away, that might have caused us to start feeling sad but when we start diving deeper into our emotions we are able to find something. Maybe you could start journaling and it will help you figure out why you are having these intenese emotions?

From the content of the post it doesn't sound as if you are suicidal and I think that is great but I think you should talk to your mom about it. While you might not have anything to worry about it would be safer to inform a parent. That way they can help you monitor how you are feeling and if it doesn't improve over time they can help you to get some better help.

I hope this helped and best of luck.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread