TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KatieDa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Can't take it anymore - August 25th 2010, 03:28 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi,

I'm new here, I have nowhere else to turn to

I feel very depressed. I've tried everything to get rid of this feeling, I try not to think about it. I tried to watch TV, play computer to distract myself from suicidal thought. I cut, it used to help but I feel like things are getting worse that even cutting doesn't help me much anymore.

I think about death and dying since I wake up until I go to bed and it repeats like this every fuckin day. I've also been thinking about where I can find sleeping pills and whether it would be painful to die this way. This thought just won't go away and I don't want to take it anymore, I want to stop all this pain. Life is so alone and things will never get better, I know that now. I only want to be happy, just a day but it seems like it's too much to ask for and this will never happen as long as I am still alive.

please help me I don't know what to do, I can't talk to anyone about this. I don't want to feel pain anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Can't take it anymore - August 25th 2010, 06:48 PM

Hi there

I am really sorry that you are feeling so low and have suicidal thoughts. Going
through this is a struggle on its own.
I am proud of you though - You have asked for some help. This is the first step in becoming better.

Suicide isn't the answer. You need to keep telling yourself this. At times you may just want to give up and not carry on, but things will get better.
I know that you have probly heard that before ... but it will. Life will get better.
Plus think about all the people that will miss you when you're gone! People love you and care for your well being.

I would suggest maybe getting some professional help Katie Talk to your parents or guardian about how you are feeling. I know it can be hard, so maybe write them a letter and give it them.
they will hopefully support you in getting some help.
You should book yourself an appointment at the doctors and talk to them about everything.
Therapy sounds like it would be quite beneficial for you.

Also why don't you take a look at some of the resources around TeenHelp? Such as the alternatives to self harm sticky and the hold on to hope sticky? You should find some really helpful information on there.

Hold on in there dear! You can do it... just keep going.

Chin-up beautiful

Charli

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Can't take it anymore - August 26th 2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blustargirl View Post
Editing out deleted material

This is obviously not going to help. Try and find a way of dealing with things in a non-destructive way. take a look at the alternatives thread here. it's a great resource for distraction ideas.

OP, i'm sorry you're going through a tough time at the moment. joining TH is a positive step though - it's a very supportive and friendly community here.

have you ever received any/thought about getting any professional help?. it may sound daunting but it's not as scary as you'd think. the first step would be talking to your parents or a school counsellor or even a friend. distractions are great for a quick fix when things are in crisis.. but long term most people find them not to be the most reliable.

if you don't feel you can speak to someone have you considered writing a letter.. or even showing someone this thread? writing it out is often a lot easier than speaking to someone face to face.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; August 26th 2010 at 02:27 AM.

Closed Thread