TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sad_Lauren Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Unhappy So Lost - August 26th 2010, 06:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

it started out as depression. i tried asking and reaching out for help and nobody cared enough to help me. i withdrew from life and began to wonder about whether i will be missed or not. i don't think so, part of me says optherwise. sure some people will miss me, but they won't care enough to really think about it. they may say well she had depression so that's that. maybe someone will have the right mind to think, she had depression, but why didn't she get help. because you never answered. i asked so many people for help and no one cares anymore. i could drop dead right now and i can only name 3 or 4 people that would honestly miss me, even though they know about my depression and thoughts. i'm not sure how to stop thinking like this or even try again for help.
  Send a message via AIM to Sad_Lauren Send a message via MSN to Sad_Lauren Send a message via Skype™ to Sad_Lauren 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PGP Offline
Nothing
Junior TeenHelper

Name: PGP

Re: So Lost - August 26th 2010, 07:12 PM

hey hey, i would sure miss you, and i'll offer any help that i can give you

i only met you last night in chat but you're an awesome person, and i know there are tons of people that would miss you as well.

you distracted me from doing something really bad last night (though you didn't really know you were) and that gives me every reason to want you to stay

i know you've heard the cliche stuff before: don't worry it'll get better, we all want you to stay, pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, blah de blah de blah.

but here's the thing: we DO want you to stay, Lauren. you're a great person (not to mention Uber talented), and if you give it the time, the depression and feelings WILL go away and it will get better. It may not stay that way forever, but can you really expect it to? depression is cyclical. But we can cross that bridge and fight that depression when it comes.

we will deal with things in the present, and not worry about the future so much right now, alright? just remember, you're an important person to THIS pie-loving mofo. and i'm here all the time if you need to talk.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sad_Lauren Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Re: So Lost - August 26th 2010, 07:31 PM

thanks :] it means alot. i'll try to just focuz on here and now. and talk to awesome ppl whenever i need to :]
  Send a message via AIM to Sad_Lauren Send a message via MSN to Sad_Lauren Send a message via Skype™ to Sad_Lauren 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PGP Offline
Nothing
Junior TeenHelper

Name: PGP

Re: So Lost - August 26th 2010, 07:38 PM

glad to hear it!!!!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: So Lost - August 26th 2010, 09:37 PM

Lauren, many people would miss you if you were gone.

Keep in mind, people take things, pets, and even other people for granted, until they're gone. Thats when it hits them, how much that person meant to them.

For example, I'm sure right now, you take your parents for granted. Most teens and young adults do. But when you move out, you'll miss them. My oldest brother moved out, and now when he comes to visit, he is quite affectionate with our mom and dad.

So I mean, people may just pass you off now, but thats the natural response.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: So Lost - August 27th 2010, 12:02 AM

Many people are not equipped to help or understand people with depression or other mental health issues. They can be seen as something you should just "get over" rather than a deep personal issue that requires a lot of support and assistance. Especially if they are close to you it might be hard for them to understand or acknowledge that you have these issues. They don't want you to feel bad.

People will miss you if you are gone. They may not show it now, but they will. I agree with ArcAngel; your family, your friends -- they will most definitely miss you. Most of all, the future will miss you. Every choice, every action has a ripple effect. Every positive thing you do in your life has an impact much more far reaching than the obvious reactions. Those you influence will generally in turn help other people and your positive influence can have a world-wide impact. Good intentions are infectious.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: So Lost - August 27th 2010, 01:26 AM

We all you miss you, and everyone in your life will miss you. ArcAngel is right about taking things for granted. If you don't get help when you ask for it.. ask again,. Ask someone with a deeper understanding of depresson, like a doctor or the school counceller. Silver halide is right in saying that some people dont know.

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

Closed Thread