TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
zebiddybing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: l-j or laura

Question self sabotage - August 31st 2010, 09:15 PM

sorry if this isn't the right place for this topic, i'm not sure where it should go

um...hi, this is my first post-wait no second! and i'm not very good at expressing things so i'm really sorry if this makes no sense but there is something i kinda need help with

um... okay, so recently, like in the last couple of months, i have been feeling really good, i feel like i am finally getting my life back on track and i have gained some confidence and i found me again which felt so good, but it's getting to the time of year, that for the last 2/3 have been really crap because i was depressed and had bad anxiety, and although i tried a few times to pick myself up and move on it never worked out.

last year i finally got help from a therapist and although everything went wrong last year too, she helped me, she said something that hit home when i gave up last time, she suggested it was probably because there was nothing at the end of the programme so i had nothing to look forward to and no motivation, anyway early this year i finished thereapy and felt a lot less anxious, then i started this programme called e2e(which is a 22 week programme for 16-18 year olds who have no quals, little confidence, don't know what they wanna do etc) i am leaving the programme tomorrow and thanks to them i feel more confident and secure than in so long and i feel like i am actually looking forward to the future.

anyway i start college next week and in the last couple of days i have been really moody, upset, anxious and not wanting to start college because i am predicting it will not work out, i know i will be unhappy, i won't make any friends and i'll probably end up quitting and i'm scared. i don't know why i am getting myself in this state and setting myself up for disaster, alls i know is if i quit this time i know i'll get depressed and i don't think i could handle that all over again.

i'm not really sure what i am asking you here for guys, just a bit of support or advice maybe, anyway thankyou so much for reading this and thankyou even more if you can help me .

thankyou xx

B.O.Y - Beware Of You

Where exactly did the whole B.O.Y thing come from?
I came up with it cause I wanted something that reminded me that I have the ability… power… (whatever you want to call it)… to build myself up or tear myself down. I’ve done an incredible job at doing both. And it’s my choice which one I want to be better at. - Hayley Williams

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: self sabotage - August 31st 2010, 09:20 PM

Well, you've conquered other things in life, and college is just another hurdle to get over.

When I had started college, I was SO SCARED. I didn't know anyone, it was a big, intimidating campus, I had no idea what to expect, and I suck socially as is. But, after I got the hang of it, things got better. Once my classmates started talking to me, I felt at ease.

So, I guess you just gotta go out there, put your best foot forward, and keep your chin up.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread