TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
leex1123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

please read this!! - September 8th 2010, 12:33 AM

hey guys, i recently lost a close friend to suicide. He was truly loved by everyone. He was friends with every group of kids at our school. He was hurting but no one knew how much. I admit that i have had thoughts of suicide before but i realized it is not your only choice. I wish he could see how many people cared about him and how much everyone is hurting. That is why i am writing this. I know that sometimes it seems like there is no where to go and no one to turn to. Sometimes you may think suicide is your only choice, but its not, i promise you. When you commit suicide you are hurting everyone around you who loves you. There is always other options. I know it may seem hard but there is always someone you can talk to. You can talk to me. I dont judge and i have no idea who any of you are so you dont need to worry about me thinking different of you or telling anyone. We have all had those thoughts and i want to do anything i can to help you get through them. You can message back on this if you wanna talk and we can figure out a way if you want it to be private. If people respond to this i will probably set up some sort of email or we can talk in the chat. I just really wanna help anyone who may be having these thoughts because ive been there and having someone there helped me.

rest in peace .. always remembered

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: please read this!! - September 8th 2010, 01:39 AM

Hey there,

I think it is great that you want to help people and teenhelp is lucky to have you. One of the greatest ways you can reach out to people is by responding to their threads. I know I joined teenhelp to get help but I eventually started helping others too. The forums are such a great way to reach out to people and over time you can build friendships with people.

Also, teenhelp has a great communication system. You can Private Message people. go into chat etc. I think you should consider looking at the following links so that you can get a better idea of how teenhelp works:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-ar...dvice-support/

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-ar...ow-use-forums/

Those links might give you a better idea of how the site works and give you some ideas on how you can reach out to people.

I think I am going to go ahead and close this thread due to the fact that there are not many more responses to be obtained. If you have any questions or you disagree with my decision please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread