TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

:( - September 14th 2010, 02:13 PM

I think my life is at its lowest now. I feel so sad all the time. I don't have places to go, or people to go out with, or anyone to talk to. And I just spend my time in my room, lying in bed watching telly to make the days pass.

My 'friend' has buggered off to uni, not speaking to me for weeks before and now after, only to contact me for help. And it's just irritating. When she was here, we didn't do much anyway, but atleast there was someone to speak to. Now she's gone I am so alone. But I don't want to put all my problems on her leaving, because it's not like that at all.

I just must be a horrible person for no one to want to speak to me, or spend time with me. I just can't find friends, or keep friends. Or be 'fun' enough to want to spend time with. I just don't know how to make myself a decent life. I don't meet people to speak to online, and in the 'real life', that's just impossible for me.

I feel like I don't have the motivation to do anything. I spend most of my time in bed, just not doing anything. I don't know what else I could do. I don't have the kick up the back side to do anything else, and I just wallow in my own depression because I don't see any way of getting out of it. I've gotten to the point where I don't care any more, but the boredom is killing me.

I think this is just a rant, so comment or advise if you want.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
katniss Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: :( - September 14th 2010, 03:13 PM

Hey there hun, I'm sorry things aren't going well right now. I know exactly what you mean about not having anyone.. my only real friend is going to college in Oklahoma (I live in Ohio), so she's like a thousand miles away, and never calls or anything. I feel like I am not much fun to be around... so I guess I can't blame people for not wanting to spend time with me - but it is really difficult to have no one.

Do you have plans to go to college, or do you have a job? I find that those are my biggest distractions.. but it's really difficult at the same time because when I don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning there are consequences.

You are always on here helping people - so imagine someone else posted this thread, what would you say to them? You're much better at giving advice than I am. haha

Well, if you ever want to talk feel free to PM me... I can understand and listen at least.

Stay strong.

I may not have all the answers, but I'm a really good listener. PM me anytime, I'm always looking to meet people!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: :( - September 14th 2010, 03:24 PM

I know how you feel, I've been there before and occasionally, I still feel the same but like someone told me, the world is out there you've just got to get up and go to it because it won't come to you.

You must have had more then one friend, so there has to be some that are still around, so why not get in contact with them? Ask them if they want to catch up or hang out or something? If it goes well, do the same again and see where that takes you, you could end up meeting some of their friends and becoming friends with them and so on. As for having no motivation, you aren't going to get any sitting around all day doing nothing. You've got to force yourself to get up and do things, even if you have nothing to do, just find something so that you're doing something because sitting around doing naff all isn't going to help. It could be anything like going to town for a walk around or having a bit of a tidy, anything just to keep yourself busy and it also means you aren't sitting around thinking which doesn't help.

I know it's not exactly the best advice ever but as I said, everyone and everything is out there but it ain't going to come to you, you got to make that effort to get it. Just remember that and maybe it'll be that push you need :] xx

Closed Thread