TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PoeticZoe Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Zoe Alexi

Unhappy I can't find the broken path - October 25th 2010, 07:50 AM

Hi,

For the past few weeks and months ive gone through a lot. I've been rejected more times then ive been accepted in my life and I've felt
More pain than I have in my collected life. I'm not suicidal as I beileive suicide shows weakness and I'm already so weakened. I keep swapping between 3 emotions rage, sorrow, and a false sense of content. I've been told I need to find happiness by myself but I don't know who or what to turn to or what to do or what I might do. I just need a guide for this point in my life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 25th 2010, 03:23 PM

Hey,

You say that you need a guide in life, have you ever tried counselling? They can be a very big help to you. Plus, it sounds like you could use somebody to talk too. It's not fun having your emotions bounce around like that, I know how that feels. I think that you should try to tell somebody, a friend, family member, teacher, school counselor, etc. It's good to have a good support system. If you ever want to talk, just send me a PM. I'll be here to listen <3

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PoeticZoe Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 25th 2010, 04:55 PM

Thank you, no one ever gets where Im coming from because hardly anyone understands. My parents don't get it and my friends vaguely get it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 25th 2010, 06:17 PM

Zach,

My understanding is that our finding happiness from within is concurrent with developing metaphysical strength - relative independence to the influences of the external world. It is a chaotic place out there, and unless we learn to detach our mental and emotional selves at least selectively, chronic instability is almost always the result. Cultivating a rational/strictly logical understanding of your reality - including your own place in it - that is the essence of this path. It is a fascinating way to be, although it may not be for everyone.

Hopefully that makes sense - if you're interested in discussing in more detail, just let me know.

The most important thing is to talk to different people, and expose yourself to different ideas and approaches. At some point, you will find something which you connect with.

Best of luck, and hang in there.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PoeticZoe Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 25th 2010, 11:20 PM

While I see you're trying to help, I really don't get what you're saying sorry.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
onlypeace Offline
BrittneyJ
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittney

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 26th 2010, 04:28 AM

Find one person, friends, family member, teacher, therapist, it doesn't matter who, just someone you feel like you can trust and poor your heart out to and tell them exactly what you just posted. Talking about it will help a ton.
as for finding happiness. you dont necessarily need to find it BY yourself, but find it FOR yourself. Dont do things to make others happy, do it to make you happy.
I know all about feeling a false sense of content; I struggle with it everyday. Find the things that make you happy and concentrate on that. Also, talking to that one person you completely trust will help with this feeling also.
Start by talking to someone about everthing, you'll soon find that the more you talk about it, the easier it is to find happiness and to cope with the everyday stresses of life.
Just hang in there, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PoeticZoe Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 26th 2010, 05:44 AM

Thank you I'll try to find happiness but now more problems spring up such as my unsure sexuality, I keep running into pitfalls.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
vee_vee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Verena

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 26th 2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticZach View Post
Hi,

For the past few weeks and months ive gone through a lot. I've been rejected more times then ive been accepted in my life and I've felt
More pain than I have in my collected life. I'm not suicidal as I beileive suicide shows weakness and I'm already so weakened. I keep swapping between 3 emotions rage, sorrow, and a false sense of content. I've been told I need to find happiness by myself but I don't know who or what to turn to or what to do or what I might do. I just need a guide for this point in my life.
Dear Zach,

I'm not gonna pretend i know what the future may hold for you...in all honesty no one really knows.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I'll be honest with you when you mentioned the false sense of content i was reminded alot of myself. Life has sooo many ups and downs, and some people experience higher up or lower downs than others. I know that doesn't seem fair, and in my opinion it's not, but unfortunately those are the cards we're dealt sometimes.

I do believe in fate though, all things happen for a reason, and in the long run i feel that what doesn't kill you can make you stronger. i can see that you're hurting ALOT and may be even exhausted, emotionally, mentally, as well as physically. I wish i could say just go see a psychiatrist or psychologist and everything will be better (and this is coming from someone who's double majoring right now to become a psychiatrist) i do believe talking to a professional will help, but in reality we as humans have to take responsiblity for our lives. And it sucks BIG TIME

You can get advice from a counselor, but ultimately you'll have to make the decision of what to do. at the moment i would say something you could do is try and focus on the little things that still bring you joy, whether it's like ur favorite cupcake, the smell of the ocean,or the way a flower looks before it's bloomed. eventually you will have to deal with all the chaos going on around you, but right now i can tell you are overwhelmed and in order to get into a mental and emotional state where you are able to deal with these issues head on perhaps it's best to rediscover those things that bring you pleasure and joy, or even discover new things.

Things like hobbies, walks, writting, painting, even just taking naps in order to feel better for now and then when you're ready to deal with these issues that may be the best time to talk about having a counselor help guide you through life.

idk if that' helped, but i really hope you start to refind yourself and those little joys in life that made you smile.

~Verena

gotta love me <3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
PoeticZoe Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 26th 2010, 06:20 AM

Verena

All I needed was that last line I want to take every smile I see as every song I hear and hold them close, I think I get it now. I need to drive my metaphorical illegal car down the highway of life cruising along with my had in the metaphorical wind.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
PoeticZoe Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 26th 2010, 06:22 AM

Verena

All I needed was that last line I want to take every smile I see as every song I hear and hold them close, I think I get it now. I need to drive my metaphorical illegal car down the highway of life cruising along with my had in the metaphorical wind.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
vee_vee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Verena

Re: I can't find the broken path - October 26th 2010, 06:30 AM

if that's what it takes to help u find joys in life again, then do it =)

gotta love me <3

Closed Thread