TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Unhappy Seeming better and better.... - November 6th 2010, 05:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Everything has been messing up lately, I slipped up and iv started SHing again, I can't be there for friends who need it, Which sucks more cause iv only got a couple friends anyways, all I do is cause problems and make people sad. I can't keep up my happy act and it hurts worse and worse everyday... Iv been thinking about suicide alot and I just want all the pain to stop :/ Ik itd hurt the few people who care tho but I'm not sure if I can take it much longer... My dad has alot of guns..I could do it right now were I so inclined... Ik I shouldn't, but I want to so badly...

The strongest oaks
grow in opposing winds
and Diamonds are
made under
Pressure

PM me anytime for anything at all! <3<3<3
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Seeming better and better.... - November 6th 2010, 05:30 PM

Hey,

I know that suicide may sound like a good idea but it's really not. Life is great, even though right now it doesn't feel it. You can make it through this. Do you know why you feel this way? Also, I'm sure your friend will understand why you can't help them, sometimes we have to make ourselves better, before we can help others, as tough as that sounds. Have you ever tried telling anybody about your suicidal feelings - a friend, family member, teacher, etc? I think you should! Counselling also is good, because it can get you the help you need and what you want you want is for these feelings to go away, right? Try getting rid of the feelings in a positive way!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Seeming better and better.... - November 7th 2010, 06:59 AM

Hi Sumi.

First of all, well done for making this thread. I know how hard asking for help is, and that you're willing to do so is great. It shows that you still have hope, and that some part of you knows there's a way out of this other than suicide.

It can be frustrating when you want to help your friends, but because you need help too, you can't. Which is why it's okay to take some time out for yourself. It's important to take care of yourself first, even if that means taking a break from helping other people.

As for you saying that you only cause problems and make people sad - I don't believe that. Stop for a minute, and think. Think of one person who you've made smile. Think of one person who would say they're glad they know you.

I also know what it's like to pretend to be happy, but I've learned that it's okay not to be all the time. It's okay to ask for help, and to admit that you're not okay.

There are other ways to make the pain stop. Have you ever heard that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem? I promise, you won't always feel the way you do now. Things will get better. Maybe not immediately, or overnight, but they will.

The fact that you're still here shows that you're strong, and that you have reasons not to go through with this. Hold onto those. Hold onto the knowledge that you are a good person, and that you deserve to feel better.

Stay strong.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread