TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itsmekt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Back again - November 9th 2010, 04:33 AM

So I haven't been on here in a while but I just felt the need to get some feelings off my chest and this was the only place I could think of.
I feel very empty and very hopeless.
Most of the time I don't even want to get out of bed. I can't even get up to go to school a lot of the time. Sometimes I lay in my bed for hours just wishing I could somehow melt into the mattress. But of course this never happens.
I look in the mirror and I hate everything I see. I feel very fat and extremely ugly.
I'm going to a therapist and although it's been helping me find reasons I might be feeling the way I am it's not actually solving anything.
I feel like I just want to end life. Like there's no point in living anymore. A lot of the time it's just like I'm going through the motions of the day and if I'm not feeling sadness I'm feeling nothing. I'm living in a state of apathy and I just can't break out of it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Back again - November 9th 2010, 11:44 PM

Hey there,

I think you should talk to your therapist about what is going on. I know it might seem scary to do but she can help you get to a better place. The more open you are with your therapist the better able she will be to help you. And, the truth is, therapy isn't supposed to solve things as much as it is supposed to help you, positively, deal with all of the things in your life. Therapy helps you find the proper coping skills so that you can better cope. But, that can take a lot of work and a lot of time so don't lose hope because it can happen. I would suggest that you talk to your therapist about how you are feeling; let your therapist know that you don't feel as if therapy is helping you. I am sure she can help you resolve that issue and get to a better place with therapy.

Have you ever made a reasons to live list? I know that sometimes when people are really struggling it can be hard to believe that life is worth living. If you make a reasons to live list you can see the numerous reasons there are to continue fighting. Give it a try and see what happens.

Here is a link to teenhelps reasons to live:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t272-reasons-live/

I also suggest that you reach out to your friends and family. Let them know how badly you are struggling so they can support you through these tough times. While they cannot make your problems go away they can give you support and a lot of time that helps quite a bit. You do not have to go through this alone so try reaching out and see what happens.

I really hope this helped and best of luck.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
itsmekt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Back again - November 10th 2010, 03:20 AM

Thank you

Closed Thread