TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kiotoblack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Hurting myself and others - November 9th 2010, 06:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi. I've had tendancies, and acted upon hurting myself and others, maliciously and in painful ways. I find it easy to conceal the stress and anger I feel on the outside. I'm always feeling on edge, and I feel so close to breaking up and acting on my emotions. I've hurt myself many times before, and each time it gets more brutal and painful. I understand that it's wrong to feel this way, but I seem to enjoy it. It's almost like a venting system but there's nothing in my life which could possibly cause this anger.
I don't know what else to do to vent this spontaneous anger, it only seems right, and satisfying, to do what I do.

Someone help me, I need advice.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Hurting myself and others - November 10th 2010, 10:05 PM

Hey there,

The best way to vent the anger you are feeling is by opening up and talking about it. I know that can be really hard to do but when you let all your pent up frustrations out you can and will feel better. Talking will not, necessarily, make all your problems go away but it will be a positive way to get rid of the feelings you are having.

It might also help to try and figure out where all this anger is coming from. If you can get to the bottom of your anger issue you can slowly work on dealing with your triggers and start feeling better.

Do you think you could consider getting into therapy? I know that might be a hard step to take but it would be a great way to vent your frustrations, figure out the reasons behind your anger and find the proper coping skills for it all.

I am going to give you a link to the alternatives to self harm. If you ever feel like hurting yourself try looking at that list. If it seems like the alternatives are not working don't turn away from them because given time they can do a lot of good.

Here is the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t9418-alternatives-self-harm/

I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread