TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cyberfairy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tash

Exclamation What can i do? - November 9th 2010, 07:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been feeling very depressed lately. I am a self-harmer i admit this but i have tried more than slitting my wrist. I feel like i can't stop it feels like the right thing to do. Im always buying braclets to cover up the scars and cuts. i genuinly feel that theres no point me living. but i just cant seem to die.

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; November 10th 2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Adding a triggering prefix
  Send a message via MSN to cyberfairy  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What can i do? - November 10th 2010, 10:13 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling but I want you to know that things can and will get better with time. While I cannot tell you when things will improve I do believe that if you give yourself time you will see improvement.

Do you know why you are feeling this way? If you can get down to the bottom of your feelings you can slowly work on dealing with them and you can slowly work on feeling better. I know sometimes it can be hard to figure out why I am feeling a certain way so I have taken up journaling. It has really helped me put things in perspective and it helps me figure out what I need, why I am feeling a certain way, etc. Maybe you could try journaling as well.

Do you have anyone in life you can talk to? I know sometimes intense feelings of sadness can lead to people feeling alone. However, most of the time, that is not the case and all it takes is a little reaching out. If you haven't done so already I suggest you reach out to your family and friends and let them know what is going on with you. While it will be a very scary step to take it could prove really beneficial. It can really help a person feel better when they are able to see that they are not alone.

Also, have you thought of getting into therapy? It might be a scary thing to consider but getting into therapy could do you a lot of good. It will give you and objective, caring person to talk to. Also, therapy can help you find the healthy coping skills for all the triggers in your life.

Have you ever thought of making a reasons to live list? Sometimes when people are struggling they can not see that there are reasons to live. If you were to sit down and make a list of reasons to live you might be able to see that you really do have a lot of reasons to live. When you make that list I suggest you hold on to it and pull it out whenever you are struggling. Another thing you can do with that list is sticky all your reasons to live around the room that way you see the positive things you have to live for instead of constantly being badgered by the negative things. I am going to link you to teenhelps reasons to live list. It might help you to see those reasons and then make your own list.

Here is the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t272-reasons-live/

I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: What can i do? - November 11th 2010, 06:53 AM

Hey hugs. I've been there done that where you feel like there is no point in being here. To tell you the truth, there definitely is a point in living but you have to find this out for yourself. For me, I hit that low a lot and I SHed a lot to the point of everything hurting so much, both physically and emotionally. I got very close to suicide. Now, I am actually happy and I haven't been depressed/cut for over 9 months. How I found help was talking to people. I have met a few amazing people through TH that have helped me when I needed it and I got the courage to talk to people that I see regularly.

SH and suicide isn't a road you should continue down, you are young and you have a life to live. Why live your life like that, why not change the way you live? It is hard to stop SHing I admit that, but try to find something to fill the time when you feel like SHing. You can go out for a jog, a walk, run, you can journal, you can rant to people, call someone and talk every time you have the urge, blast your music like you just don't care, go out with friends. Basically, when you feel like SHing, find something to replace it.
I don't know if you are open about your SHing to a few people around you, but if so, talk to them about it. If not, you should consider talking to a close friend at some point, talking really does help. If you aren't comfortable about talking to someone around you, there are so many people that would love to help you out!
If you are open to considering counseling go seek it, if not I understand, but definitely look into some form of getting help.

Something to think about-Why are we hiding who we are? I mean we hide our thoughts from others, we SH and we hide that SH, then we aim to deceive people. Why? If your best friend was SHing, would you rather them tell you and ask you for help or have them hide it until one day you see something? Also, there is only so much that bracelets can do. Please do try to get so form of help (doesn't have to be counseling/therapy, but friends etc). Life is really tough when you are consumed by SH, try to break away. After all, you are meant to live your own life, not have the SH lead your life.

Hugs, I hope things are ok, PM if you need

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

Closed Thread