TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sebring Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I dont know what to do - November 16th 2010, 12:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I moved out of my parents house about 10 months ago, I moved out of state.
I just quit my job in the hopes of finding a new one fast but it never happened. Ive been un employed for about a month and I feel as if im just taking up space. I decided i couldnt pay my rent after december so I called my Parents to let them know I couldnt make it up here anymore. They said they would come get me and everyone was pretty happy. My friends were also excited. Deep down thou, I dont want to be here anymore. im tired of life. it would be so easy to just be gone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I dont know what to do - November 16th 2010, 04:56 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling so much but please hang in there because things can get better. Life really does have a way of turning itself around unexpectedly. Keep hanging in there until things turn around. If things haven't gotten better you have not reached the end.

Have you thought of talking to your parents about the feelings you are having? I know that might be hard to do but I am sure they would want to support you through this rough time. Also, try talking to your friends. I think it is really important for people to reach out when they are struggling because it helps them realize they are not alone and it opens them up to gaining a lot of support. You deserve support so don't deny yourself that.

Do you think you would consider going to a counselor for these feelings? A counselor would be a great way to vent your feelings and find proper coping skills for everything that is going on. Once you find the tools to properly cope with the things going on in your life you might start to feel better.

I think it would be wise for you to make a reasons to live list. Sometimes when people are struggling they can not see any reason to keep living. However, there are usually many reasons to keep going strong. If you can sit down and figure out some of the reasons you have to keep living it might help you a great deal. Keep that list of reasons with you so whenever you are struggling you can turn to it and remind yourself that there are many reasons to not give up. Teenhelp has a reasons to live list. I am going to link you to that and hopefully you can get some ideas from that.

Here is the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t272-reasons-live/

I really hope this helped and please hang in there. If you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread