TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Deven Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Deven P

Exclamation I've come to the end - November 17th 2010, 06:10 AM

Life is in a downward spiral, and I feel like I have no control. On the outside, I'm this great basketball player who has a lot of "friends" and seems happy, but I am dying on the inside. the only time of day i look forward to is when I can sleep, because that is the only time I escape this harsh reality. Ball season starts on 5 days, and this is my senior season, and I won't be eligible to play because of my grades. I only find peace lately in gettin high and sleeping. I dont know how to stay afloat, im going to do it soon

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I've come to the end - November 18th 2010, 04:02 AM

Hey there Devan,

I apologize for it taking so long for you to get a response. I hope everything is going okay. You can and will pull through this. Life might seem difficult at the moment but it always has a way of turning itself around.

Do you think you could reach out to your friends and family and ask them for support? You shouldn't have to deal with this on your own and the more support you can gather the better you might start to feel. You know, opening up about the overwhelming feelings you are having is one of the first steps to getting help? Depression tends to keep us isolated and keep us from reaching out. However, when we reach out we take back some control of our lives. Do you think you could reach out? It will empower you in a lot of ways and it can help you fight the depression.

Another thing you could consider is reaching out to your school psychologist or a teacher. You need some people to back you up in this. You deserve to get help for these feelings. If you were to reach out to a psychologist they could help you figure out the reason behind these feelings and they can help you slowly work on finding the proper coping skills. Once you are able to talk about your issues and find some coping skills you might start to feel better.

Have you ever thought of calling a hotline? When you are really struggling it might help you to reach out for help and if your friends and family are not there maybe a hotline would suffice?

Here is a link to the hotlines:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/

When people are struggling with depression they cannot see a reason to live. However, there are usually a few good reasons to keep living. I suggest that you sit down and make a reasons to live list. Anytime you are struggling you can pull that list of reasons out and remind yourself that dying will not solve anything. Your list of reasons might start off small but as time goes on it can grow. In the meantime look at some of the reasons listed on teenhelps reasons to live list. That list might give you some good ideas.

Here is the link:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t272-reasons-live/

Remember that any reason, no matter how small it may seem, is reason enough to keep living.

Have you ever thought of writing down a list of good things that have happened to you in the day? Sometimes when people are struggling with sadness they cannot see the good things that have happened. Take some time and let yourself see these good things. It could be as simple as someone being nice to you or a television show you liked. Sometimes the little things are good things. You can find those good things in life. It can be really hard when you are really struggling but it is possible.

I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I've come to the end - November 18th 2010, 06:24 AM

Hey Devan

I know things can be hard for you right now, and i kow for a fact that its going to get better, and i know you are trying to reach out for help because you also came to TH when you needed and this is what TH is for i can also tell that you are really an alwsome person just by what you said, you sound like a good basketball player and talk to your coach about when you would be able to play or even if there maybe anything you can do so you can play.

On the other hand maybe trying to spend a little more time with your freinds (i know it seems like a lot but, try like 10 minutes first and then keep moving up to more time)

Theresa

Closed Thread