TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
zebiddybing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: l-j or laura

why am I having these thoughts? - November 19th 2010, 02:27 PM

Hi I am sorry to bother you all but I need some to talk to who knows about this stuff, recently I have been feeling really unhappy all tha time and i just feel so tired. I often feel very angry with myself and have started getting urges to self harm, I haven't done so yet and I probably won't, but I am more concerned by the thoughts of suicide I have been I having, I have been depressed in the past and had these thoughts before but thought I was past this, I don't want to die I really don't but I feel really unhappy, I hate that I am having these thoights because I don't understand them, thankyou for your time any advice is appreciated thanks

B.O.Y - Beware Of You

Where exactly did the whole B.O.Y thing come from?
I came up with it cause I wanted something that reminded me that I have the ability… power… (whatever you want to call it)… to build myself up or tear myself down. I’ve done an incredible job at doing both. And it’s my choice which one I want to be better at. - Hayley Williams

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: why am I having these thoughts? - November 19th 2010, 09:34 PM

Laura,

Depression can be a re-occurring thing. Did anything in particular happen before to make you get back into this state? Or something to make you initially snap out of it?

Maybe you should see a counselor about this, to at least try and help you find coping mechanisms that work for you.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: why am I having these thoughts? - November 19th 2010, 10:08 PM

Hey there Laura.

Firstly, you do not need to apologize for 'bothering' us because you haven't bothered us! We're here to help and listen to you!

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling this way. It's really great you can see you want to live, you have to hold on to that, it will help you through it. Maybe write it down somewhere so every time the thought's get bad you can read it over until they start to get a bit easier. It's also great you haven't acted on the thought's of self harming. I am sending you this link to alternative's to self harm, just in case you need them ... http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. You can use these when you get suicidal thought's as distractions too!

Do you know of any triggers to making you feel this way? I know it's hard but perhaps you can try talking to someone. Whether it's you parent's, siblings, teachers, school nurse/councillor or a doctor. These people care for you and will want to help so don't be afraid to reach out for their help and tell them how you are feeling.

Also here is a link to a thread full of really helpful hotlines .. http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/. If you ever feel really low or unsafe or just need to talk, and in that moment, there is no one else to go to, ring one of them. It's what they are there for so use them!

Keep you're chin up and don't be alone!
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread