TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShyWolfie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blue

Need help. - November 22nd 2010, 06:50 AM

I guess i was told about this by my doctor and decided to try it out.

I have been very depressed for the past number of years and hidden it alot so no one worries about me. When it gets really bad sometimes i don't even know what the cause is, i will just feel very down and my usual thing i do when i'm feeling like that is hide. I hide when i can no longer put on my "happy face".

Life has gotten significantly worse in the past 3 months, i don't even know where to begin, first off my mother was there for me since the day i asked for her help and 3 months ago she got sick of me hurt me more then i can bare to think and abandoned me and kicked me out onto the street with nothing. Luckily enough my father took me in or else i don't know where i'd be right now. I trusted my mother so much and she did this to me and i don't understand why. I mean she is known to get sick of things, but it hurt that she got sick of me when all i ever did was try my best for her, i lived my life to please her and get her approval and do everything in my power to make her happy and she broke me in the end. Anyone i have talked to about this hasn't really been able to say much to me they just curse my mother off thinking it what i want to hear but i don't really know what i want to hear, for the past week i have been sleepless, everynight that i do sleep i have severe and very real nightmares that really frighten me. I talked to someone about it and they said it is probably because i want to tell someone something, there is someone i want to tell something but i do not feel it is right. I want to tell my mother i hate her for doing this to me, for leaving me alone without a care in the world after all i ever wanted to do was make her happy and proud. I guess the story goes on as i have felt very suicidal every now and then, i just don't see the point in living anymore everything is too hard. I have doctors telling me im sick and they have me on medication, so i've got to the point where im putting on a happy face for them to cause if i don't they'll put me on something that will make me a vegetable and i don't want to live like that. I don't know what else to do, I'm asking for someone to help me or at least help me straighten out all these crappy thoughs that plague me and prevent me from sleeping. I cry everynight in my bed for hours wishing someone would find me and hug me and tell me its all gonna be ok but no one ever comes. Anyway i don't want to chew anyones ear off....kinda just wanted to get all this off my chest. If anyone has any advice for me i'd appreciate it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Need help. - November 22nd 2010, 07:57 AM

Instead of telling your mom you "hate" her, maybe you should tell her what she did you you was really offensive and give her an explanation of why. Hate is such a strong used to be used against your mother.

If you need someone to talk to, I try and get on as often as possible.

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Need help. - November 23rd 2010, 05:19 AM

hey hun, i think your really brave you know, your doing so well i think maybe you should write your mum a letter explaining how your feeling and how you want help.. it myt work out.. also seein a councellor myt be a good idea, help you sort things out in your head lol.. take care, your not alone...xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ShyWolfie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blue

Re: Need help. - November 23rd 2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_sepi_x View Post
hey hun, i think your really brave you know, your doing so well i think maybe you should write your mum a letter explaining how your feeling and how you want help.. it myt work out.. also seein a councellor myt be a good idea, help you sort things out in your head lol.. take care, your not alone...xx
Unfortunely it all started with a letter, i wrote her a letter asking her for her help, and by helping she decided she'd restrict me from doing anything at all, she stopped all my hobbies completely, and when i wanted to go out she forced me to drive her car cause she said i needed to learn to drive :/ and when i didn't agree to her methods all hell broke loose and she got sick of me like she gets sick of everything else in her life. I know she gets sick of things, but how can a mother get sick of her own daughter? Its so confusing :/ As for counselling i've been getting counselling for the past 4 months by 2 social workers and my family doctor, when i am actually true to the doctor she doubles my medicine dosage, when im true to the social worker like last week, boom i have to see a psycologist next week i'm really bad at talking to people and im raelly really shy, so being rocketted from person to person telling them my story over and over i feel like an idiot, and the people i do talk to i feel like if i keep telling them when im sad they'll get sick of me too! i'm already hiding it from my dad cause im scared he will jump ship and i'll have no one at all im so scared

Closed Thread