TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Last cry for help - November 24th 2010, 01:32 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've started posting alot on here recently. And i'm sorry if this ends up repeating a few bits but this is my last chance to pour everything out and get help. Because in reality. I can't face another few day's of feeling like this. I want out. And it's taking every strenght i've got not to commit suicide. I need help.

Firstly. Emotionally. For the last say 3 months i feel like i've hit rock bottom. I'm literally shaky and near tears all the time. I hardly go out and find myself missing lectures and hiding in my room. I hate being around people. I find myself literally staring at walls for hours, blankly, numb, or just going over and over stuff in my head. I can't sleep. I hardly eat. Going through my head each day is how pointless life is, how i just want to end things. I feel physically sick and really hate myself at the moment.

Secondly. what's actually going on. So i've moved to a new uni. The course is great, met some lovely people. But i'm gradually finding myself pushed out of friendship circles as i can't face company or going out.
I've also broken up with a long term bf, and been turned away by a guy i really liked and who had been making me happy.

So basically. The point of this is that it's my last call for help. I don't want to be here anymore. The fact that i'm writing this shows that part of me want's the help. But that's weakening. I need help now.

I'm thinking maybe i'm depressed? I hate that bloody word But i don't know what to do about it. How do i approach the doctor. What do i say. Please please don't just read this. I need advice and support so badly at the moment

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Last cry for help - November 24th 2010, 01:52 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling. I hope that by making this thread it helped in some way. I am glad you are reaching out for help.

You know, depression is a scary thing but I believe that you can overcome it. It sounds like there have been some major changes in your life that could be contributing to this but you can get through those changes. Life is always changing but those changes don't have to break us.

I think it would be a good idea if you did your best not to isolate. I know that is hard but it really can help. When I am really struggling I always get the urge to isolate and this increases my depression. So, I finally decided that on days that I am really struggling I will do everything I can not to isolate. I think you should try doing that. It will be hard but it could help. Reach out to some of the friends you have made at school and ask them to hang out. Yes, your mind will protest but you might actually enjoy yourself a tiny bit.

I would also suggest that you make a reasons to live list. When people are struggling they sometimes cannot see the reasons out there to keep fighting. However if you write down some reasons you will be able to grasp on to that when you are really struggling.

Here is a link to teenhelps reasons to live:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t272-reasons-live/

As for approaching a doctor about this; that is a fantastic step to take but definitely a hard one. It can be kind of embarassing to admit to someone that you are struggling. But, I assure you it will help immensely. The best thing to do is go to a doctor and explain to him/her that you feel you might be struggling with depression. From there they will probably ask you more questions to assess the situation and then they will help you figure out what steps you can take to overcome this.

I think a great step for you to take would be counseling. It might be scary to do but a counselor will provide you with someone to vent to. Counseling is a great tool to have access too.

I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Last cry for help - November 24th 2010, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the reply Jenna.I know isolating myself often makes me feel worse. But i'm scared i'll just be a burden on others. That i'll lose my friends if they see me unhappy.

I guess doctor's is the next step. But i'm scared. That i'll look like such a failure. Or that they'll just think i'm crazy.

I just don't know how to keep going each day. I literally wake up feeling sick and shaky. Spend half my day crying. Can't make it to lectures. Just feels like theres no real point anymore.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ShyWolfie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blue

Re: Last cry for help - November 26th 2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsecretsx View Post
Thanks for the reply Jenna.I know isolating myself often makes me feel worse. But i'm scared i'll just be a burden on others. That i'll lose my friends if they see me unhappy.

I guess doctor's is the next step. But i'm scared. That i'll look like such a failure. Or that they'll just think i'm crazy.

I just don't know how to keep going each day. I literally wake up feeling sick and shaky. Spend half my day crying. Can't make it to lectures. Just feels like theres no real point anymore.

They won't think your crazy doctors are actually quite helpful i found myself in your shoes 3 month ago i'm slowly getting better but still getting better! There is always a point! Don't give up yet! i added your msn i hope you don't mind if you need to talk feel free to poke me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Last cry for help - November 26th 2010, 11:45 AM

thanks.

I'm just scared that's all. And more than that. Getting help would be me commiting to trying to feel better, wanting to stay alive.

And right now. I just dont. For weeks i've been planning an escape. But i know how selfish it is. And how weak it is. But i don't know anymore.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ShyWolfie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blue

Re: Last cry for help - November 26th 2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsecretsx View Post
thanks.

I'm just scared that's all. And more than that. Getting help would be me commiting to trying to feel better, wanting to stay alive.

And right now. I just dont. For weeks i've been planning an escape. But i know how selfish it is. And how weak it is. But i don't know anymore.

Don't be scared! and get help! the help will help you commit to getting better, you won't even feel and and next minute your on the route to recovery ^^ next minute ur happy so please hang in there!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: Last cry for help - November 26th 2010, 07:57 PM

Hey hugs
First off, it is scary to move/go to college, so don't be afraid of things. College is wonderful, but you need to go out and do stuff. I stayed in and was afraid my first few months at college and I broke up with a guy I was dating from high school. It really made things difficult. Start going out for lunch and try to get into contact with a few people that you get along with at school. Find the group that you fit into the best--this may take time, but you'll find great friends!
Guys aren't everything, I've learned that. Some are terrible and there are those amazing guys. Don't let them be the center of your life though...I dated a guy to make him happy and he totally backstabbed me but through that I found an amazing guy.
Anyways, talking to a doctor. Don't be scared. They want to help you and if you make an appointment and then just say that you need help, or if you see a counselor at your school they will take care of you. You won't be thought of as weird or anything else, their job is to help and they have seen a lot of things.
It is okay to skip a few lectures and all, but don't make a habit of it. You'll start to feel stressed because of school work if you keep missing things. It is really good that you have recognized what is going on with yourself and that you are asking for help on here. That is a big step and you should be proud of yourself.
I hope that things get better!
Hugs, feel free to PM

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Last cry for help - November 27th 2010, 03:11 AM

hey I think I mayb able to relate I jus started college 3 months ago n idk anybody I was sad felt alone n wanted to die I spent a lot of time n my room planin but I kept goin to fourms to avoid ISOLATION talkin to a doctor felt emberrassin at first but when someone told me they could help me feel better I felt some sign of hope so you should definitely talk to a dr. But none of this can happen until you wanna get better n get help

Closed Thread