TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

had such an awful week... - November 27th 2010, 05:14 PM

okay well i had such an awful week this week. i just couldn't be with people around me, i didn't wanna talk to no-one or go to lesson. in school yeasterday i spent the whole day in the medical room, i just couldn'tface seeing people and putting on that 'happy' face when im never happy nowadays at all. towards the end of the day one of my teachers came and had a talk with me and told me she thinks im depressed. i know im depressed anyway but it felt so weird havin someone else who doesn't know my problems tell me im depressed. i just can't cope anymore...things don't seem to be getting better for me at all and i can't live like this anymore...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: had such an awful week... - November 28th 2010, 12:26 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been having such a bad week. Not wanting to see people is actually a really common symptom of depression. Have you tried working a little bit on maintaining contact with people? For example, IMing or e-mailing your friends instead of talking on the phone, or talking on the phone instead of going out? Steps that seem really little like that actually lead to progress, even when it doesn't feel like it.

The good thing is that you don't have to feel like this. Have you tried seeing someone or talking to someone? I do hope you have a better week this week!

Closed Thread