TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Exclamation Please help... - November 28th 2010, 11:44 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So my best friend in the whole wide world is this amazing person. She however is very strong willed. She refuses to cry. I promise guys this is my friend not me, if you've read any of my posts you know that I have history in self harm and so does she. Well she's been very...unlucky in liking guys. She started to fall for a new guy and when she falls it's hard. So now that he's left her (twice) and he's with his ex even though he's telling my friend he loves her, she's really upset. She just broke the arm of one of my old couches because she needed something to hit rather than crying. She thinks of herself as Kenzi, (her name) and "me" apparently "me" is the real her and if "me" goes away then Kenzi dies. I know this makes her seem crazy or something but I'm really worried about her. She talks like she really thinks that Kenzi and "me" are two different people. She can seem really melodramatic to people that don't know her and at times she is, but I love her and I'm really worried. This girl is like my sister and I don't know what to do. I brought up going to the doctor to her and she said that pills wouldn't help her and that she wouldn't go. And I know that she wouldn't. Her whole family is really hard core into martial arts and they believe that everything is a "suck it up" situation. So I'm worried that even if I told her mom she wouldn't do anything about it.
Sometimes she talks like shes suicidal and I don't know how to talk to her. When I heard her crying I went over to her and she pushed me away. She's cried in front of me once and she has a lot of issues expressing emotion. I think that that's why she thinks of herself as the two different people maybe...
It's just really hard because she's like my sister and I don't know how I can help her because she won't vent to me and she won't see a doctor and right now she's over on my piano playing every song she knows.
She isn't a crazy person. But I don't think that she has anxiety either because I do and everything that she says seems like a different thing than that. I brought up to her once that maybe she's bipolar or has depression or something because sometimes she'll just lay there for hours and not want to move. Or like today when she came over and was fine and really happy and now she's beating the crap out of my couch and trying not to cry some more.
She cut herself in the past but for the most part I think that it was for entertainment. She's odd like that. She just told me "if I died it wouldn't change anyone's lives" and now she's telling me that nothing would change.
She contemplates suicide a lot. She always talks about how easy it would be and she acts almost like it's some kind of game. She thinks about how "fun" some ways would be. She sounds like a really sick person sometimes. I wish that people could hear what she's saying it's horrible. She's talking right now and I want to yell at her and tell her to shut up. She's literally telling me all the different ways that she wants to.
Please...I don't know what to do... I know that there's probably no way to help her but I just need some advice...any.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please help... - November 29th 2010, 12:50 AM

well if u cant go to her mom then try someone u know she trust like a teacher, ucan try teling that it is better she talks to someone than just leaves it just the way it is because there are people that do care about her. if u end up telling someone then be happy that u are helping her.

i am here if u need to talk, feel free to pm me anytime

Closed Thread