TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Therapy for it? - November 30th 2010, 10:54 PM

Yeah.. I talked to Ms. Sheets today about getting a professional counselor (like, outside of school) and she thinks it's a really good idea. So we're gonna go with the plan of her talking to my mom (not sure if I'm going to be there yet, what do you guys think?). But I'm wondering if counseling is actually a good idea.. Maybe I won't actually need it. What if I don't crash again like I've felt I was going to? I mean, I still cut and the suicidal thoughts are still there, but unless I act on them again, maybe I don't need it. Opinions and advice are very, very much appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Therapy for it? - December 1st 2010, 07:25 PM

Hey there,

I think going to therapy would be a great idea. A therapist can give you someone to talk to on a regular basis and help you find coping skills for the stress in your life. Another thing that therapy is helpful with is when a person gets into a low spot because a therapist can help talk you through it and get back on track. I know you might not feel like you need it but if it is an option I say go for it. There are a lot of good things that can come from therapy. And, the thing to remember is you might not always need to be in therapy. You can work through the things that are bothering you and get to a better place and from there you can slowly walk away from therapy.

I know this is a big step to take but I think it would be really beneficial if you did it. I know it will be scary and I am sure there are a lot of reasons you don't feel that you need it but take this leap and get yourself the help you deserve.

I really hope this helped and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread