TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

i hate depression :'( - December 1st 2010, 11:38 PM

i'm sick of it. like seriously. i hate my life. i hate myself and i'm pretty sure everybody hates me. i hate the fact that even with medication, i'm not getting better. i hate that i had a failed suicide attempt. i hate that he had to save my life. i just wanted to die, but no, now i have meds and counselling twice a week. which you would think would be helpful, but i just feel worse. i was actually doing better for like two weeks. then i hit rock bottom again. of course, i can't cut because i had to sign a stupid "safety contract" whatever that it is. but i just don't think i can handle this anymore. i'm so sick of EVERYTHING.

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i hate depression :'( - December 2nd 2010, 11:33 PM

Sammie,

I am sorry you are struggling but I believe things can improve. It will definitely take time but continue fighting through all this because with time you can see an improvement.

Have you talked to your doctors about everything? Let them know that you don't feel the medicine is working? It is very important to keep your doctors notified about everything. The more they know the better able they will be to help you. I think it is important to remember that it can take a while for medicine to work and it can take a while for your doctors to find the right combination of medicines. But, don't let go because the medicine can start to help. Don't give up on yourself.

I think it is really good that you are going to therapy. I know that it can feel as if it isn't helping but keep going because I think it always helps to have someone to vent to. Therapy might not help right away but with time you can see a change. Have you talked to your therapist about all of this? Let him or her know that you don't feel as if therapy is helping so they can help you figure out how to make it work for you. Therapy is based a lot on an individuals needs so if your needs are not being met it is going to be harder to make it work for you. Therefore it is important that you talk to your doctor so they can figure out what you need to make therapy work for you.

I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: i hate depression :'( - December 3rd 2010, 07:46 PM

I haven't been able to talk to my doctor since I don't actually have a legit doctor and the guy who prescribed it to me what the pyschitrist from the hospital. But I kind of have to give it a little while longer to see if it works.

But in the meantime I don't know what to do because NONE of my friends understand what I'm going through and "I'm sorry," "It'll get better," "you'll be fine," "i love you" only help so much before it just gets repeative and I know I get repetive to. But what am I supposed to do when I get depressed, just sit there and hold it all in? Like it's killing me and I don't know what to do

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: i hate depression :'( - December 3rd 2010, 08:06 PM

Oh love I'm really really sorry to hear you've been feeling like this, it's shit isn't it?? I don't really know that there's much I can say to make you feel better but please hang in there, because by doing that you're giving things a chance to get better, and things always get better, even if it takes a while, even if it doesn't seem like it ever will. Have you been on the meds long?? Some antidepressants can take a while to kick in; I was on them last year and it took two or three weeks before I really started feeling better. I wish I knew the right thing to say, but I know how you feel and I just hope things start to feel better soon. xxx

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

Closed Thread