TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

It just hit me really hard... - December 5th 2010, 05:23 PM

I just can't help it. I'm sobbing. For no reason. I can't help it. I feel like I'm going to die. IDK what to do. It literally feels like my heart hurts. IDK what's making me this way. I just want to crawl in a ball and die forever. I hate this. Like HATE it. UGHHH. I'm freaking crazyyy. WTF?!

You were created to love and be loved.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: It just hit me really hard... - December 5th 2010, 05:39 PM

Megan,

I am sorry you are feeling so low at the moment but I want you to know that things can turn around. I know that might seem impossible right now but keep hanging in there because life has a way of turning around unexpectedly.

I am wondering if you have ever tried journaling? It might be a good way for you to get to the bottom of the feelings you are having. It can be really hard to identify the emotions that are rolling around inside of you but if you sit down and journal it might put things into perspective. What are some stressors in your life? Why do you feel like crying? What are some things that could help you feel better. The more you journal the more you might find the answer to these questions and more.

Another suggestion I am going to make is that you look into getting into counseling. I know that might be a hard thing to do but it could prove very beneficial. A counselor will give you someone objective and caring to talk to and they can help you find coping skills for everything that is going on at the moment.

I would also suggest that you reach out to your friends and family and let them help you through this. When a person is struggling with sadness they sometimes feel very lonely however if they reach out to their loved ones they can see that they are not alone. It can be very beneficial to have your loved ones support through all of this.

What are some things you enjoy doing? When you feel this way maybe you could try distracting yourself by doing things that you enjoy. I have found that keeping myself busy really helps with my sadness so maybe it will help you. Do you like reading, writing, watching movies? Try to figure out what things you like to do and the next time you are feeling this way do those things.

I really hope this helped and if you need anything feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: It just hit me really hard... - December 5th 2010, 08:23 PM

Thank you!!! That meant a lot to me. Straigt up day by day journaling doens't help me, but writing out my feelings usually does. But right now, I can't tell what's upsetting me so, and that's what's making me most upset. I did go to counseling for a while, but I had absolutely no time in my schedual for counseling. It would have just caused more stressed knowing I was there instead of doing somethign I needed to do. Now, I do have time,but in a few months, I will have no time agian, therefore I'm not bothering to go back. Currently, I have two people that I reach out to, but one is busy, and the other is in too of a good for me to want to bring down. I just decided to play some music for about an hour and do some homework for a while... That did help calm me down.

Thank you so much for your advice! That really really did mean a lot to me!

You were created to love and be loved.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lost_In_Thought Offline
Loser
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jula

Re: It just hit me really hard... - December 6th 2010, 06:14 PM

ur not crazy alot of ppl feel this way me inculded but doing things to hurt ur self or trying to kill urself wont get u anywhere. can u reach out for help im sure there is at least one person who can help u believe me when u reach out it will be the best choice u ever make
  Send a message via Yahoo to Lost_In_Thought Send a message via Skype™ to Lost_In_Thought 
Closed Thread