TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Problems Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Anyone else been through this? - December 8th 2010, 07:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey, I'm George. Been a long time browser but it's my first time posting. Anyways, right now I feel really depressed, and sad inside. On the outside though, I'm always so cheerful and happy. I'm worried because I don't think I can keep doing this much longer. I've been wanting to talk to a person for so long, but I don't have the guts to do it, so I came to TeenHelp... The following are my reasons...

1. I have no more ambition: Last year I was planning on going to a good university. Now, I'm for sure going to a community college.
2. I live in the shadow of my friend: My friend is really popular at school, and nowadays people only want to talk to me regarding him. (ex. yesterday, girl asked me if I knew who he liked cause she's liked him for a long time)
3. The girl I like is a grade younger: I've never been so attracted to someone in my life, so why does it have to be with someone I've only talked to once? I know it's common to date a year younger, but it's complicated when she's living her own life and I'm living mine. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me too)
4. Haven't talked to my dad in 3 weeks now: We live under the same roof, but we haven't talked to each other in about 3 weeks. It's not like we don't get along, it's just that we have an unstable relationship to the point where we fight every day. Now though, I don't care if I talk to him or not and it's worrying...
5. I brush past everything and don't care: I skip classes, stay up till 3, fail tests and consume what I'm not supposed to. I'm plummeting right now without a care in the world.
6. I'm just another person now: before, I used to be good friends with everybody, now they see me, and just continue doing what they're doing. I'm no longer someone people want to talk to, just another student at this school.
7. I wish I were a year younger...: someone has already called me a prick for saying it but it's true, I dislike my generation, and I really like the younger one. I would trade it all to be born 6 months later.
8. I'm no longer good at anything: before, I used to compete for the highest marks on tests, used to play soccer at a high level, and was considered among the best at sports. Now, I'm among the lowest academically, no longer the best at soccer, and just average at sports.

Thanks for reading, it's just that last summer I suffered from deep depression to the point where I would come out of my room for weeks, just to work, eat, and go to the bathroom... If you could give me advice, that would be great.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: Anyone else been through this? - December 8th 2010, 02:39 PM

Hey George,
Well done for posting. I know how hard it can be to ask for help.
Reading over your list, it's no wonder you feel upset. Whilst you may be able to deal with each of those on there own, when it all piles up if feels a little helpless.

I'd suggest trying to think rationally about some of the smaller more manageable problems. For instance, you say you feel overshadowed by your friend. Maybe try and make new friends and find your own group as well.

In reality, i don't have advice. But i saw you had no replies, and thought i'd let you know that i'd taken the time to read your post.

Your not alone in going through a rough time at the moment. Is there anyone you can talk to? a friend or family?

Feel free to pm me if you want to chat x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Anyone else been through this? - December 8th 2010, 02:46 PM

Hey George, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad right now, I can't completely relate to you, but I understand where you're coming from. How long have you been feeling like this? If you really want to talk to someone, you could print this out and take it to them if you think that would help. Feel free to PM me anytime and continue posting, you aren't alone in this hang in there.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Closed Thread