TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mphphotography Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

need too talk too someone - December 12th 2010, 02:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi my names mark im 20 yrs old
ive been depressed for the past few years not actualy been told this bye my docter but i just know ...
recentaly in my life i have went through another tough bit and i dont want too go back too how i used too be ...
about 2 years ago i tried too kill my self twice ..it was a tough year for me my grand pa passed away and i dropped out off collage my parents went crazy at me and i wanted too join him in a happyer place.... first one i grabbed all the pain killers and sleeping pills out off the house and locked my self away in her room but before i even got too take them she kicked in the door and just grabed me .... i never told anybody else about this stuff then about 4 months after this i crashed my car into a wall and only gave my self a concussion and a brocken had i covered this one up too every one as well bye saying that i lost control off the car ....
after all this things got better my family started too care and listen too my problems but know i feel like am back too stage one ....

I moved away too work for a company down at dorset ... am from scotland. whilste i was down there my uncle passed away he was my life an soul off the family the only one who knew me propely ...
Well ive come back up the road too a nut house realy ... i visited my anti and i cant even look at her shes lost so much and she knows i cant take it iver... i have also nearly lost my girlfreind off 8 months because she is from brighton and the distance is soo hard so i have my heart getting pulled from two ways .... i realy dont have a clue wht too do because im realy like soo close too giving up and its not going too fix with time its just going too get worse and i cant even go see a docter cos my parents will find out because i will have too take time off work .....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WeRawrYelyah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Re: need too talk too someone - December 12th 2010, 04:00 PM

It must be so hard.

But things can only get better, try your best to pull through it, everything happens for a reason.
You're going to be fine, trust me, things will get better, things will get easier, you're only 20. You have a long, strong life to live.
You're going to be fine, try your best and everything will work out.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Don'tLet'sStart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: need too talk too someone - December 12th 2010, 11:01 PM

I can only imagine all that you have gone through. It is tough losing a love one, let alone multiple loved ones. I myself have been depressed for around 3 years and have had some issues with suicide.

You gotta remember though, that things always get worse before they get better. You are now nearing the climax to all of this, and as hard as it is, you will soon be able to lift all these burdens of your soul, and pursue a rewarding life. The fact that you are still alive, is something to be proud of. Something to be even more proud of is the fact that you are reaching out for help, and trying to find something here to help you. I commend you greatly.

For your dead love ones, I'd bet anything that if they are looking onward on these events, they would prefer you to stay here on this earth and try to make things right. You are only twenty, you have an entire life ahead of you, so many things to do, so many people to meet, and so much to accomplish. They would want you to make the best of this life. Never forget them, and remember all that they have taught you.

It appears your parents are not super supportive at this time, however, you are old enough to seek the help you need. You are person with feelings, it is so much any one person. More times then not, suicide is not a choice, but a result of having far more than the body can handle, and not being able to find a proper outlet to deal with it. Seeking medical help is your outlet, and if you need it, you need it. You need it to assist you make your life successful, and if your parents can't see/accept that, well, then for now you may have to over look them.

Long term relationships are hard, however honestly, keep in touch with her, and try your best to make it work, however, accept that the distance limits how much of help she can be to you, and that you will have to rely on yourself a bit more.

You're brave, and you are a strong person. I don't even to have to know you in person to understand this. We take this life one step at a time, and we will repair things. You got this. Find the help you need, and take it from there.

If you need anyone to talk to or any help with anything, feel free to email me.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Don'tLet'sStart  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
C.L.Hoyt Offline
Director of Teen Choice Progra
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Curtis L.Hoyt

Re: need too talk too someone - December 13th 2010, 03:07 AM

Well I can help you I can talk to you and lisen to you. you can trust me you can contact me kara.hoyt37@yahoo.com

C.L.Hoyt
TCP Director
  Send a message via Yahoo to C.L.Hoyt  
Closed Thread