TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Welcome back depression, here's to another secret affair - December 13th 2010, 02:13 PM

Oh hey Depression, didn't see you there. What's that? Everyone would be better off without me? Oh, maybe you're right.

So. Here I am. Deciding whether or not I'd be better off dead now than later when I'm old and uglier. All these people that I thought were my friends apparently aren't and I can't trust them. Joy. Don't tell me to go out and make new friends, because I have other friends. It still hurts realizing any of them don't give a shit about you. Getting to fight off SH urges because of other people is always fun too.

I really don't want to hear how all these people I've never talked to on this site "love me" and "care about me" so just don't say it. Other advice is welcome. But one of two things will happen since they always do. Either no one will reply because I'm just not worth the effort or attention or it'll get deleted.

"'Colie, you should never be surprised when people treat you with respect. You should expect it.'
I shook my head. 'You don't know--' I began. But, as usual, she didn't let me finish.
'Yes,' she said simply, 'I do know. I've watched you, Colie. You walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. And when someone does, you pout and cry like you didn't deserve it.'
'No one deserves to be kicked,' I said.
'I disagree,' she said flatly. 'You do if you don't think you're worth any better...'"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Yip yip

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Welcome back depression, here's to another secret affair - December 13th 2010, 02:29 PM

Hi Keena, I'm really sorry you're feeling this way and I know you don't want to hear it but I do care about you. Even though we're not really that close I still think you're a great person and a good friend.

I'm sorry some of your friends broke your trust, it sucks when that happens. I guess the only thing to do is just pick yourself up and move on. On the bright side it's better you found out they can't be trusted sooner rather than later.

It can be hard to fight off the urges but don't give up trying Keena. People are there for you, sure some people may not be anymore but you still have lots of friends here and I'm sure you have friends to support you in your offline life too.

Things can and do get better so please don't give up and for the record you're definitely not at all ugly. You can talk to me if you ever need to, stay strong <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic Doll Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: July Megan Rose

Re: Welcome back depression, here's to another secret affair - December 23rd 2010, 06:02 PM

Like said above: Even though you don't want to hear it, We are here for you. Family, friends, and us at teenhelp. You have found this site. You have asked for help. There is always hope. I am sorry that your friends betrayed you. If they betrayed you so badly then they really aren't your friends. Now are they? Even though I don't know you, I can tell you do not deserve the bad things that are happening to you. But a few bad days isn't enough to end your life.
1) Make a list of all the things you have to live for (Forget about anything bad)
2)Try to look on the bright side of things.
3)If you have a positive attitude people will want to be around you. People who will love the person you are and not treat you like a real person, and not like trash.
4) Talk to a conselor, preist, a trusted friend or family member, or us here at teenhelp!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CitizenErased Offline
Erase all the memories
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Aidan

Re: Welcome back depression, here's to another secret affair - December 24th 2010, 02:57 PM

I know how tough it can be fighting depression and SH. There are lots of people on here who im sure could help you fight off the urges. Have you tried posting in the Self Harm section? One thing I do when I feel like I want to cut, is put ice on the place where I want to cut. It helps some people, so why not try it?

HelpLINK Mentor:
27/12/2010

LiveHelp Operator
04/01/2011

Social Networking Team:
04/01/2011

Wash me away
Clean your body of me
Erase all the memories
They will only bring us pain
And I've seen all I'll ever need

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sonialifedesign Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Welcome back depression, here's to another secret affair - December 28th 2010, 10:01 AM

Set backs do happen but that does not mean that you start getting depressed! I would say do not worry and think for the best. I am sure something positive will come right on your way. Till then live happily

Closed Thread