TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 07:17 AM

Okay, first I am ******* serious. I am getting really pissed off I have problems, I am skinny, 15 and use to have abs, I can still see them but not as much as i use to, and the past week I have been panicking about it and I flex in front of the mirror trying to get it to look good, but now it's to much! I litelary spend all night doing that. I tried working out and I can't continue because I just keep thinking about it, now I feel like suicide my mind is blowing up and I want to shoot my self, I want to get help but how can a psychiatrists help me about this? I am losing my mind and I want to screem and kill myself, I want help but I NEVER tell my parents about my problems. WHAT DO I DO? I am a guy and 15. WILL I EVER GET OVER THIS PLEASE HELP ME!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 07:33 AM

Can someone answer please!!! I am really suicidal!!!!!!!

Last edited by Loving Linux Penguin; December 26th 2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: highly triggering

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 07:47 AM

Dont kill yourself dont do it. You could have OCD about your body but im no doctor. I think you should see a therapist they can help you with these promblems and help you with your depression. Love your self for who you are your body is perfect just the way it is. Depression makes you feel like you want to kill yourself its a illness it tricks your brain into thinking it wants to kill itself but in relity you dont want to kill yourslef. Please get help for your depression by seeing a therapist it would help you so much. Please pm me or email me if you need more support or some one to talk to im here for you huggsss DONT KILL YOURSELF JUST MAKE IT THROUGH ONE MORE HOUR YOU CAN DO IT TAKE IT SEC By SEC. THIS PAIN WILL NOT ALLWAYS BE HERE TRUST ME. CALL 911
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 07:50 AM

thnks for replying, i want to see one, but how do i tell my parents? i have an idea on how but idk and how long does it usually take to see one?? its also bad because my birthday is in 3 days

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:02 AM

Tell your parents you think you have depression and then list the symptoms that your feeling and say thats why I feel I have depression mom an dad. Also list things that have been going on in your life that have been hard examples a death, bullying or whatever and say i think i need help with this and would liek to see a therapist.

Also you can try to sit your parents down. Tell them in all seriousness but also tell them that you want to take this by the horns before anything bad happens. Tell them it's not a big deal and they shouldn't worry and that's it's for your sake. They should understand. If they don't go to school and talk with your counslor, if you can't convince your parents, they can.

Also you can say soemthing like this I have been really depressed, crying all the time and im not sure whats wrong. Can maybe you set me up an appointment with a counselor or therapist, I think I need help"

Its okay to see a therapist right before your birthday. It depends on the therapist some are booked others are not as booked you can see one in like 4 weeks if there not booked jsut let your mom call around or you can and ask can I have a appointment and how fast will I have a apointment. Reaching out for help is a great thing jake and I am proud of you. Seeing a therapist is a good thing and your friends dont have to know that you see one. Im glad your thinking about seing a therapsit it will really help you. I hope these suggestions help.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:04 AM

email me if you need to chrissey40@ymail.com or pm me
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:14 AM

thank you, but i think i have ocd, i just want to forget working out a lot because every time i do i think of my abs... i want to tell myself that they aren't everything.. is ocd treatable?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:20 AM

Yes OCD is treatable if you find a therapist they can help you with your OCD seriously they can help you over come it. {: A therapist can most definatly help you with your OCD it is treatable and they will help you treat it. So I guess my suggestions helped on how to tell your parents you want a therapist and I hope all goes well. Let me know what they say when you ask them please. take care huggss
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:22 AM

thank you heaps. i am going to go ask my parents now, thanks for all the advice, and do you think that once i am treated i wont care so much about my abs??

(#10 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:35 AM

Im so proud of you your asking now that IS JUST WONDERFULLL {: YOU DESERVE BIG HUGSS FOR THAT AND A PAT ON THE BACK from me. Yes you might be less worried about your abs im not sure but i think you would be. When you see the therapist mention OCD so you can get a offical diagnonsis. GOOD LUCKK IM CHEERING YOU ON.

Well im going to bed and I will check my pms and emails tommorw and this forum tommorw to see if you wrote me and told me how it went with your parents which I really want to know how it went so please pm me or something telling me. Night glad you feel better {:
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:56 AM

Well the thing with your abs may simply be a body image thing. I promise you, you don't need to be muscular to be loved. I have a pretty good life and I'm a bit overweight. Please let me know if you wanna talk about anything

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks, I spoke to my mum and she said yes and she is going to take me tomorrow morning to get help. i feel less sad but i am not great, i just want to worry less, so could they help me with that and eventually i wont even get sad about it? also are you allowed to talk to the therapist by yourself without your mum?? and can you talk about more then 1 problem?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 09:44 AM

Well ultimately they can't really force your mom to leave, but if she agrees, then there should be no issue with you being there on your own if you want. And yeah, if you have time I don't know why you couldn't talk about more than one thing.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 09:49 AM

thank you, i will ask my mum if i can go in there a lone because i find it awkward to talk about this :S.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 10:05 AM

Also will the therapist think it's silly of me talking about my body and how I am really insecure? :S

(#16 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 07:19 PM

Of course not! You'd be surprised at how many people have body image issues!

And btw, there is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. Everyone needs help sometimes. You don't have to feel "awkward" about this

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#17 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 08:47 PM

I'm glad you are getting help. How did it go? You can pm me any time you want to talk.

Wherever your heart is there will your tresure lie also

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 09:24 PM

Hey there (:
I have a similar issue; just opposite, I worry a lot about not having toned muscles. Getting to look how you want takes a little discipline, but even if you're not your definition of perfect, you'll still look great.
The therapist was also a great idea, because trust me, you have nothing to worry about. Good luck, you're very brave for speaking up and asking for help, it makes me very happy that you did that all on your own.
Let us know how it goes, and take care

You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 10:14 PM

We only live once my dude. Ending it short is never a good idea. Councilors, Therepists, friends just to talk to, these are the best people to go see.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 26th 2010, 11:03 PM

Yayaayy Jake Im so glad your mom is getting you help. You were so brave to open up to her and now look your getting help and that is GREAT. Yes you can talk to the therapist about anything and nothing is werid to the therapist so dont be scared about that just say whats on your mind they wont think its werid at all or silly. Yes talk about as many diffrent things as you like to the therapist. Yes the therapist will help you feel less sad that is there job to getyou out of this depression and help you with your OCD because liek I said it is treatable and they will help you with it.

Yes go alone in the therapist office I go alone in my therapist office it makes you les nervous if you go in alone so just tell your mom you would be more comfortable going in alone. Your mom sounds like she really cares about you huggsgss im so happy for you.

Please pm me and tell me how the session went okay or email me chrissey40@ymail.com so you dont have to keep posting on this same forum unless you would like too. Im giving you a pat on the back and a big hugg your very brave and smart for reachign out for help
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 27th 2010, 12:52 AM

I think your mom will be understanding that you want to talk to the thearapists alone and such, everyone needs their privacy (:

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 27th 2010, 05:02 AM

Thanks everyone a lot! I went and saw the therapist this morning and she talked me about everything and she said I have major anxiety and I have minor OCD and minor anxiety. I can see my 6 pack abs it's just I keep checking to get rid of that thought that I have lost them, and that they aren't as perfect as celebrities. But now I feel a bit sad because I just told all my problems to the therapist and now I feel a bit weird, is this normal to feel like this after ? She said I can talk to a GP and they then let me see a Psychiatrists and yea. Will this stuff pass away in time? Like each day will I feel less sad? And will seeing a Psychiatrist help me a lot?

(#23 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 27th 2010, 06:35 AM

yes it will they might put you on meds though but thay will get you better

Wherever your heart is there will your tresure lie also

(#24 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Smile Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 27th 2010, 03:49 PM

Yes like we talked about in live help yesterday seeing a Psychiatrist will help you a LOTT. I have OCD too. yes normal to feel werid at first because your telling them everything about you and you arent used that. It will feel less werid over time when you trust her more and have been talkign with her more. Opeaning up allways feels werid at first but it will get easier in time. I know it felt werid to me at first but now it dosent feel werid and yes I felt sad when I got my diagnoses too but its olny because it was a shock to finally no whats been goign on and now im sorta okay with my diagnosis and not sad about it. So im sure you will get to that point too. Going to therapy and working on these things will make you less sad yes most definatly.

That s great you got a offical diagnoses now. So now the therapist will help you over come these things. They might give you meds just listen to your doctor and therapist they will do whats best for you and tell them any concerns you may have.
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 28th 2010, 02:14 AM

We arent perfect, we will never be. Just strive to be who you are and what you want. There is nothing that can control of influence us unless we want it to.

Im glad you got to see a therapist, and that you have finally seen the light of your own life.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
sonialifedesign Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - December 28th 2010, 09:52 AM

I think you can still work on and can rely on healthy diet. Apart from this two you can go for hypnotherapy procedure that is nothing to do with your body but of course it can offer you peace of mind!

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Jakegoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - January 2nd 2011, 10:14 AM

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. But I feel A LOT better, I am feeling good about my body, I can see my abs well and I am working out again. I am not thinking about it as much, but I still need the help. I'm calm and they gave me these small tablets and they help REALLY well. I am finally seeing a Psycharistrist on Wednesday and I am relieved at that I got it so quick. So thanks EVERYONE and mainly lauri who has helped me a lot. But everyone has helped heaps, and I might stick around and become an active member.

If I need help I will come back here quickly .

(#28 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Talking Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - January 2nd 2011, 06:03 PM

Awww Jake Im glad I helped you.Your so so so so welcome any time {: Im glad your finding out that seeing a therapist is helping you and that it can be kinda fun. Thats great they gave you meds that will help you tooo if you take it every day dont skip. For it to work you have to take it every day. If side effects get bad or anything else tell your doctor. Working out is fine as long as you dont do it obsessvily.

Yayaya come back please stay a active member {:
Keep smiling {:

chrissey40@ymail.com
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - January 11th 2011, 09:17 PM

Haha yourwelcome (:

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#30 (permalink)) Old
smallbrat18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like killing myself and I am freaking out about my body - January 12th 2011, 02:57 AM

You probably need some punches in your abs so it will be exercised? I can do it..

Closed Thread