TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 09:22 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My life has always been considerably... well, good.
Just now, thinking of all the things and people in my life I'm grateful for, I know I am a very lucky person who should be happy beyond belief.

But, somehow, in some way or fashion, I am not happy right now. I know not if this feeling of mine is temporary but I've felt this way on and off for a while now. Maybe it's normal. I'm not sure. All I know is I'm so confused right now. I don't know if I want to kill myself, I just know that I want this emotional angst and pain to end.

Realistically, it wouldn't really matter if I killed myself. In fact, I could easily talk myself into it if I tried. But still, there's a part of me that hesitates, a part that shows me there may be hope for me yet. I don't know why I'm posting this or what response I hope to recieve. I really just don't know anything right now.

I guess I'm hoping for a miracle, an epiphany, maybe even something as small and simple as a hug. These feelings I have are weak, not strong enough to make me do anything rash. But I'm afraid they may grow stronger.... So I don't know what to do. I just don't know. I don't know.

I am not asking you to fix me or to change how I think. I just want to know what YOU think. If I'm here, there is hope for me yet. So no pressure, I welcome all responses and ideas. Thanks to all who respond, to all who only read this, and to all that even click on this thread. So I open myself to the internet like many have with hope in my heart.

What do you think?

Lawl.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 09:34 PM

Of course there is hope for you! There is always hope and things can always get better. I am sorry you have been having a rough time but it certainly isn't worth killing yourself over. Everyone deserves to live. You have so much ahead of you and it is not worth throwing all away. I think you should maybe talk to a trusted friend or counceler about what's been going on and I think they will do whatever they can to help you. It will all be alright in time, I promise=)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouseprincess View Post
Of course there is hope for you! There is always hope and things can always get better. I am sorry you have been having a rough time but it certainly isn't worth killing yourself over. Everyone deserves to live. You have so much ahead of you and it is not worth throwing all away. I think you should maybe talk to a trusted friend or counceler about what's been going on and I think they will do whatever they can to help you. It will all be alright in time, I promise=)
Thank you very much, that means more to me than you know. I appreciate your sincere encourgement
While I still do feel down and out, I know you're right and I think I may call my therapist as I haven't seen her in a while.

The problem is, I have a habit of acting happy when I see her, even when I'm not. Maybe I will print out this post to remind myself that I should be honest in order to get help.

Thanks again, I hope you are right

Lawl.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 10:05 PM

Even though I appreciate your support, I feel I could still use some othyer people's thoughts and ideas on this. Anybody?

Lawl.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I am lonley Offline
Average Joe

Name: Phil

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 10:15 PM

Dont kill your self, try and get help before it become a major prob likeit is for me. i dont have the will power to kill myself but have tryed many times my mind just starts talking about it and slowly talks me into trying.

Of corse theres hope for you keep your head up try and think happy thougts, i know how hard a long distance relastionship can be as i recently came out of one a few month ago. You should try and seek help from your freinds. Then if nothing helps go to a councler.

I really hope you fell better VERY soon!

"Superman told me that we needed to make a double type of record.. and so I answered, and I said ok superman, we will make a double type of record, but it won't be a double album because batman didn't want a double album."

~Daron Malakian

..."Robin did, though."

~Serj Tankian

..I'm looking far and wide for love.. care to help ..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am lonley View Post
Dont kill your self, try and get help before it become a major prob likeit is for me. i dont have the will power to kill myself but have tryed many times my mind just starts talking about it and slowly talks me into trying.

Of corse theres hope for you keep your head up try and think happy thougts, i know how hard a long distance relastionship can be as i recently came out of one a few month ago. You should try and seek help from your freinds. Then if nothing helps go to a councler.

I really hope you fell better VERY soon!
Thank you so much.... That is very sweet and thoughtful :')
I'm starting to feel better actually. Thank you again

Lawl.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I am lonley Offline
Average Joe

Name: Phil

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 10:25 PM

heyy if you ever have any big troubles feel free to PM me if you want to

Your welcome i'm here for you

"Superman told me that we needed to make a double type of record.. and so I answered, and I said ok superman, we will make a double type of record, but it won't be a double album because batman didn't want a double album."

~Daron Malakian

..."Robin did, though."

~Serj Tankian

..I'm looking far and wide for love.. care to help ..

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Sincere Uncertainty - January 1st 2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Clever View Post

Thank you very much, that means more to me than you know. I appreciate your sincere encourgement
While I still do feel down and out, I know you're right and I think I may call my therapist as I haven't seen her in a while.

The problem is, I have a habit of acting happy when I see her, even when I'm not. Maybe I will print out this post to remind myself that I should be honest in order to get help.

Thanks again, I hope you are right
You are very welcome and I am here for you as well if you ever need someone to talk to=)

Closed Thread