TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Uh Oh, Depression :( - January 2nd 2011, 05:11 PM

I dont know why but im feeling soooooo depressed. My moods have been out of wack lately. One minute i am up and dancing, next im naggin my husbands head off. But today, its different. Im depressed. Something i havent felt in so long. I am having these cramps too. Some powerful ones which makes me cry and be more depressed. I went to to the dr and of course they said everything was okay with me. the one thing they didnt mention was if i was pregnant or not. Now im depressed about that. i wanna cry, cry and cry some more. Its really making me feel so down about myself. I dont know what to do. Family, Friends, Everyone just makes me depressed today no offense to anyone though

PolkaDotGiraffe Loves MustangMaggot10

(Anyway play Halo ODST? add both of us. thats our screen name for the xbox 360.)

I met the love of my life on August 8th 2009. Got married June 7th 2010. And been happier ever since.

I love you Tim.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Uh Oh, Depression :( - January 2nd 2011, 09:32 PM

hey maybe from what it sounds like that you may have seasonal depression, but i dont know how you feel during the different seasons. Have you talk to anyone about how you are feeling, maybe letting someone know what you are going through may be of help and also just try thinking of some happy moments that you have had in the passed.

I think also asking the Dr, if you maybe pregnant if think you maybe and also i would say maybe letting someone in to let them know how much pain you are in so maybe they can also help you and you can feel much better also

Theresa

Feel free to PM me anytime

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Uh Oh, Depression :( - January 2nd 2011, 09:41 PM

Hey there,

Quite a lot of people tend to get depressed around this time of year. I know it sometimes sucks to be told that but it's also something to bear in mind. It doesn't make how you're feeling any less valid though. I think if anything it's just a way of thinking that you need to look after yourself more at this time.

It's good that you were able to go to your doctor. Perhaps if it's possible you're pregnant you could go back and ask for a pregnancy test. If not and you're still feeling rough it could also be worth asking to see a different doctor. Sometimes you get different diagnosis.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: Uh Oh, Depression :( - January 3rd 2011, 03:49 AM

Hey Brittany,

It definitely sounds like it might be seasonal depression. And while seasonal depression doesn't get nearly as much attention as clinical depression does, that doesn't mean it's any less severe.

Definitely ask for a pregnancy test so you know what's going on. Personally, I'm a little bit of a control freak; uncertainties -- especially one as huge as that! -- would tend to wreck my state of mind. I'd make it a priority to find out so you're not worrying about an uncertainty, and can deal with something concrete.

Also, try to find what's causing you to feel this way. This is along the same lines as the uncertainty. If you can figure out something that's causing your depression, you can try to deal with it. If you don't, then you can't even begin trying.

Finally, talk to someone about it! Reach out to someone you love and loves you. Even if they're making you feel depressed, that doesn't mean they love you any less. Talking is powerful. God knows that without my wonderful friends, I probably wouldn't be here today.

If you're continuing to feel depressed, ask your doctor for an antidepressant -- or better yet, light therapy. (I can explain to you the biology behind it if you're at all interested.)

Good luck. You'll pull through. I have faith in you.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Uh Oh, Depression :( - January 3rd 2011, 04:16 AM

Aww I think I would also go back to the doctor since you are obviously not feeling any better. If you don't think going back to the same doctor is a good idea, maybe go to someone else. Someone else may have a better idea of what is going on. A pregnancy test would be good too. It may give you some peace of mind in that sense. I know when I am not feeling good, I def. want to know right away what it isn't because I always jump to outragious conclusions. Knowing what it is and even what it isn't makes me feel 200 times better. I hope you feel better soon=(

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Re: Uh Oh, Depression :( - January 4th 2011, 05:16 PM

I ended up going back to the hospital last night. I will be posting a thread about it if anyone wants to read once its posted. Its actually kinda funny but still its something thats going to haunt me the rest of my life some how.

PolkaDotGiraffe Loves MustangMaggot10

(Anyway play Halo ODST? add both of us. thats our screen name for the xbox 360.)

I met the love of my life on August 8th 2009. Got married June 7th 2010. And been happier ever since.

I love you Tim.

Closed Thread