TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Timeflies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My Smiles are Mostly Fake. - February 19th 2011, 12:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've decided i'm doing it. Either this Saturday or next. I wrote a note and everything. I sent it to one of my friends and they refuse to talk to me. I must not be worth anything anymore. People always cancel plans on me and barely care if my feelings are hurt or not. I'm worthless and I've finally figured that out. Thanks society, you suck. I went from feeling beautiful and amazing and like i deserved to live into feeling that i'm fat, ugly, and a disappointment to everyone who is suppose to love me. I guess i won't have to disappoint them anymore.
  Send a message via AIM to Timeflies  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: My Smiles are Mostly Fake. - February 19th 2011, 04:48 AM

All i can say... is Dont. Life will get better. Call a suicide hotline or something...but hold on to that part of you that still wants life.

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My Smiles are Mostly Fake. - February 19th 2011, 08:26 AM

Yeah, please hold on. You can't say you know for sure that your friend doesn't care. She could be thinking of what to say, she might not have read it yet, or she could be perplexed and worried she doesn't hurt you more.

It's also normal for people to cancel plans on you. Sometimes it happens more often than not, and it may feel like they do it on purpose to hurt your feelings; trust me, I've been there.. People (most) don't do it to hurt your feelings, they might just have something more important come up, it's not to hurt you. Your friends may feel that you understand, so they might not really explain it all that well.

I believe you're just going through a rough patch; everyone goes through those. Just hold on for a bit, and you'll see things will start to get better.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Re: My Smiles are Mostly Fake. - February 20th 2011, 11:36 PM

Please don't kill yourself! You'll miss so much that you'll love now and everyone on TH would miss you so please don't. Talk to someone please! Even if it one of us on TH! Please

(#5 (permalink)) Old
...Curt Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Curt

Re: My Smiles are Mostly Fake. - February 21st 2011, 05:41 AM

Hey there!

People have a hard time dealing with friends who are depressed! It takes such a toll on people that most of them aren't willing to deal with it, which is sad, but I wouldn't take it personally.

Believe it or not, there are people who would go out of their way to deal with it! They are so rare that they seem to not even exist! But they are there.

People you can call real friends, people you can confide in and trust. Take everyone on here for example!

See, most people are so dwelled up in their own life that they can't bother to think or care about anyone elses. It doesn't mean that people don't care. The people who do care are just a lot harder to find, that's why they mean so much.

If you say yourself that you once felt beautiful and amazing and deserved to live than who's to say you won't once feel that way again? I think you know it's possible!

Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk to one person who does care anyways! =)
Take care xo

Closed Thread