TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

am i pathetic? - February 20th 2011, 06:52 PM

i've aalways thought i'm pathetic. when i do things infront of people i muck up an embaress myself. i make jokes that arent funny. i trip over a lot and people laugh. i suck at sports. i cant draw. if i get asked a question in school and i get it wrong, i get laughed at. and i got called pathetic by someone who i thought was my friend today.

so i really think i am. feels like i'll never be good enough for anything, and even the things i'm ok at i wont do well in - like acting or writing poetry.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#2 (permalink)) Old
you'rebeautiful Offline
believe it :)
Average Joe

Name: Ada

Re: am i pathetic? - February 20th 2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-inside-my-head View Post
i've aalways thought i'm pathetic. when i do things infront of people i muck up an embaress myself. i make jokes that arent funny. i trip over a lot and people laugh. i suck at sports. i cant draw. if i get asked a question in school and i get it wrong, i get laughed at. and i got called pathetic by someone who i thought was my friend today.

so i really think i am. feels like i'll never be good enough for anything, and even the things i'm ok at i wont do well in - like acting or writing poetry.
Oh Hollie. You are not pathetic... but it really is super easy for people to convince themselves that they are; usually no one judges you half so harshly as you judge yourself<3. I'm sorry that you so often feel like you muck things up in public... sometimes it's just that you think you have, and sometimes it's just that you're so nervous you can't quite get it together... With public speaking and other things that make me self-concious, I can look silly quite often, myself but it seems like you (and many of us) are still in the process of... figuring yourself out, if you will. I think that one day you'll be a lot more comfortable and accepting of who you are and of what you do. As for your balance, drawing and sports.... those things will come. Skills take practice (: If it's something you want to do... keep at it! Whoever told you that you weren't good enough was sorely mistaken. Sometimes it's a friend or family member or acquaintance... and sometimes it's ourselves, you know? But if you can get to the point where you believe that you've got it... who is anyone, to tell you any different? I'm really sorry that your friend said that to you, and that people laugh when you mess up. But seriously everyone messes up. And all the time -- <3It might help to take note of when the kids and your class laugh... I think you'll realize that it's not just you. I hope that you can learn soon that when it comes to who and what you are... you're the one who gets to decide <3. And, I hope you have an incredible time when you do=]
Give a shout if you need anything.
Always,
Ada.

I believe thatyou're inherently beautiful : )

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: am i pathetic? - February 20th 2011, 07:38 PM

Hollie,

I don't think that you are pathetic. Sure, you have a lot of things that you aren't good at. But everyone has things that they aren't good at. I think that you should find things that you are good at. It might take some searching, but I really feel like you will be more pleased with yourself if you are able to find something you are good at you will feel LOADS better about yourself. You said you were alright in poetry and writing, maybe you can try to strengthen those talents with practice, and time. Also, you can take a writing class, or workshop.

I think that you will feel better to embrace your flaws, because we all have them. If you are able to accept the flaws that you have, and not try and dwell on them, then you will find yourself to be a lot happier. Plus if you make your flaws not such a big deal, others won't either. They will follow suit.

Don't let anyone define who you are. Only you can define yourself. Don't let people call you pathetic, or anything like that, and believe them. If you believe them, or give in, then you are proving their point. In situations like these, you have to stay strong, and fight against these people. I don't mean in a violent, or verbal way. Just keep telling yourself that you ARE worth it, and you are NOT pathetic.

Hang in there.
-Lynds

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: am i pathetic? - February 20th 2011, 08:24 PM

thanks for the replies. i know what you're saying and i'll give it a go. its just gonna be hard after years of telling myself 'they're right, you are all the things they say you are, if you disagree you're only being vein' to change that and start believing that my life will go the places i want it to. and since my confidence is at an all time low, i've gottw work around that and the people who dont let me be myself.

but thanks i will bare what you said in mind. and i'll keep posting my poetry in the self expression forum.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#5 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: am i pathetic? - February 20th 2011, 09:15 PM

You are definitely not pathetic. It's just human flaws that we all have. No life is pathetic or meaningless. Just you believe that you are not good enough, doesn't mean that everyone else in the world thinks that you are too. There are people who care about you and always will. Don't be so quick to judge yourself. You are a lot more important than you think you are right now.

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

Closed Thread