TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Unhappy So tired of being the failure(really long and lots of spelling mistakes due to learning disablity) - February 22nd 2011, 05:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i am so tired of being the failure in my family, i constantly spend money and i go over my budgt a lot and my parents know about this and there are times when i am able to get the spending under control then i end up back where i started spending too much money again. my parents constantly yell at me over it and no matter what i do or how hard i try its never good enough for them. i'm tired of having to ASK my parents to tell me that they support me and believe in me and that they have faith that i can get through this spending problem, if they sit there yelling at me how does that help me? it doesnt it makes the situation a lot worse. i shouldnt have to ask to hear from my parents that they support me. i am so sick and tired of my brother being better at EVERYTHING then me, i took up photography a year before my brother did because it was a way for me to express myself. then nick starts to do photography too and everybody was always so proud of him, i never even heard once from my parents that they thought i was a good photographer. i gave up photography because i felt like i wasnt good enough. once when a friend of ours and his sister and parents came over for dinner my brother and his girlfriend were the center of attention, my parents promised me that they'd make sure i got to show off a picture that i had gotten an A+ on and that i got to have in the display case in the front area of my high school and that was in a art show at my school(just art from the students) and of course everybody was so focoused on my brother and his stupid girlfriend that once again i was forgotten. later on i found out that someone had HIDDEN my picture so that nobody could see it. i knew it was my brother, my brother has destroyed things of mine in the past and has eeven stolen things from me. i cant stand the fact that my parents see me as a selfish spolied heartless close-minded greedy kid, i used to be selfish but i have changed! i am trying to hard to work through this money issue i have, i cannot do it alone, and i am doing it alone, i cannot get through this money issues unless i know and am able to hear from my parents how much they believe in me and know that i can get through this issue and that they will be with me every step of the way, i need to know how much they support me by them telling me by themselves instead of me having to ask. its not fair, i am so tired of being treated like such a horrible person who cant do anything right.
I really need some support and advice. i am so tired and i feel very much alone and i am crying as i type this. all i want is to know my parents love me and are going to be with me every step of the way as i work my way through this money spending issue. I need to hear it rom their heart, not hear it because i asked to hear it.
Broken and Alone
-Ashley

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: So tired of being the failure(really long and lots of spelling mistakes due to learning disablit - February 22nd 2011, 11:41 PM

Ashley your parentss love you, they want to support you but you're 19 now. You got to be more indpendent. I know whow it is when parents yell at you when all you want is support. It just doesn't happen like that i've learned. I also have a learning disability, and an older brother who is better than me in all kinds of things. I normally take him for granted and stuff. my parents loovee himm. It sucks i know. I know what it feels like to be a failure but you can pull through this money promblem. You might just have to do it by yourslef cause obviousley your parents aren't helping much it sounds like and its really keeping you from fixing your promblem. I say you should sit down and talk with them. Have them give you ideas on how to save your money , how much you should spend for 1 day, what you should buy, set up a plan. Thats what i'd do. I hoped i helped some. PM me if you need anything else <3 Kelly

You can get through this i know you can! Dont give up now!

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

Closed Thread