TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cuestony Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tony

ashamed and depresed - February 24th 2011, 10:00 PM

i get ashamed when i see ppl from my scool outside in the real world. i always put my head down and get super nervous. my dad asks y i get nervous and i ask my self the same thing. most people are popular, jockeys, and just ppl everyone wants to be around. i myself am a rocker who is smart for some reason, i lisin to everything from the beatles to nirvana. ppl call me crazy cuz a spanish guy lisins to white music. they say that i might be disorderd. so i just always have my head down and actually believe these ppl and do harm to myself. i tried to end it all twice but i was found. i hate seeing my family in pain, i hate seeing myself in the mirror in pain

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: ashamed and depresed - February 25th 2011, 12:24 AM

hey welcome to teen help. Im sorry you dont feel you fit in at school, but ive got to tell you, those ppl arent right. THe type of music you like dosent mean you have a disorder. Rockers are awesome in my book. feel free to talk to me anytime you want be safe

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lexie

Re: ashamed and depresed - February 25th 2011, 03:35 PM

Hey, you don't deserve what those people are telling you. Race and color shouldn't matter. Music is a language that everyone can speak. No matter how much people hate it, music is for everyone and no one color of people can own a piece of it. Trust me, hurting yourself isnt the way to deal with it. I have had to quit three times now. I'm much better for it also. The reason I say that is because it only provides temporary better feelings. It is also badly addicting thats one reason i had to quit the third time. You should not feel ashamed, for being who you are. You should feel proud. Because in doing that you are doing somthing those other kids didn't have the confidence to do. So honestly you could think of yourself as brave, and strong. PM me if you need anything. I am not going to try to judge, i know how bad that can feel. XOXO

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: ashamed and depresed - February 25th 2011, 06:32 PM

Hey there,

First of all, let me give you a sincere and hearty welcome to TeenHelp. I do hope that you will enjoy your time here.

I totally agree with Jayme and Lexie in that you should NOT be made to feel inferior for your ethnicity, your taste in music, or anything like that.

Please don't let them get to you. Music really is, at its core, universal, and there are no rules that say that someone Spanish can't enjoy "white music", if such a thing even exists! Anyone can listen to any music they feel at liberty to, because music is not and should not be bounded in any way by race, location, social class, or just about anything else.

You are most certainly NOT crazy. I greatly respect your love for music despite all that you've been put through, and I think it's so sad that you're being put down because of it. I know this is much easier said than done, but try to stop believing them. Get a marker and a sheet of poster paper. Write something like "I love my music and I don't care what anyone else thinks" and put it up somewhere you'll see it every day. They cannot hurt you if you don't let them.

And please, please try to stop self-harming, and don't kill yourself! You are absolutely not worthless, crazy, disordered, or anything, and when anyone says that you are, they are WRONG. You are worth it and people care about you because you were found twice. Please try to stop, if not for those who love you, then for yourself. TeenHelp has a list of alternatives to self-harm which you should definitely take a look at.

PM me if you ever want to talk, okay? I, and the rest of TeenHelp, will be here for you.

Please stay strong.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: ashamed and depresed - February 25th 2011, 10:27 PM

Hey there, you sound perfectly normal to me . The only thing I think is letting you down is your self esteem. Raise your head and walk confidently. I promise people will start looking at you differently. You're smart and you're a rocker. How cool is that? Seriously, there is nothing wrong with you; people's perception of you is in your hands.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

Closed Thread