TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

how - February 24th 2011, 10:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok i been feeling suicidal almost everyday this wk 2 i tried to kill myself apparently it didnt work i need advice how to get over it my couselor wont be bak till monday and parents wont take me to c a psychologist and i cant talk to them either they will just hit me or do something to hurt me i need things to distract me when i feel this way and idk wat to do at all i feel lost and i just need more opinons on this

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Just 1 moment is all I ask.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joshua

Re: how - February 24th 2011, 11:50 PM

if your world starts to fall stay strong because it will soon rise
stay strong it may be stromy now but it cant rain forever

you will forever be special to someone. Please don't try again, each day you influence some 'life in some way, changing that person forever. Smile at someone, even if you never see them again you changed their life for the better.

What makes you smile? Do it now, don't think about the things that upset you.

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space...'cos there's bugger-all down here on Earth

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lex

Re: how - February 25th 2011, 03:39 PM

Please, dont try again. I dont even really know you but i care sooo much. I'm here if you ever want to talk. Have you tried wrighting about it. Somtimes it makes you feel a bit sadder but you usually feel like you got it out. and it is easier to see wat is really wrong. Think of how great you will feel when you get to help people and say, Hey I was there. PM me if you need anything hun, even if you just need to vent. *HUG*

(#4 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Re: how - February 25th 2011, 04:28 PM

Hello Cocoo,

I totally know how you feel, but I suggest you wait for Monday ... 3 days seem like a lot, but they will pass, do stuff you like to distract yourself and remember to stay positive

Everything passes

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: how - February 25th 2011, 05:07 PM

Coco,

I am sorry that you are feeling so down right now. I know how tough things can be, and sometime it's easy to let our minds slip into suicide. For the time being, can you talk to someone else? Maybe a school guidance counselor, or a teacher? What about friends? I've never been suicidal, but I know that talking to people can really improves a persons mood. Having someone there can help. I'm sorry that your parents treat you like this. You really do not deserve that. No one does. You deserve to be happy and healthy, physically and emotionally.

The weekend is coming up. Weekends are meant to be fun and relaxing. Save the stress for the week days. Spend the weekend hanging out with friends. I know that hanging out with friends is HUGE distraction for things like this. You should also do relaxing things like taking a bath, drinking tea, going out for walks (they say fresh air helps clear a mind), writing, coloring, etc. You can also make lists of your favorites, like cars, books, songs, bands, actors, movies, shows, friends, websites, games, etc. This can be time/mind consuming. These things are all easy. There are TONS of things that you can do that are free, fun, and easy.

In case you haven't seen, TH have a few stickies that can really help you out this weekend. There is a Reasons to Live sticky, and an Alternatives to Self Harm sticky to help keep your mind of things. If none of the above works, I highly suggest you call a hotline. I know that they have helped many people in the past.

Click here for a list of hotlines.

You seem like a strong person for making it this far. You can do it! Hang in there, and believe in yourself. You're worth it.

Take care, and be safe,
-Lynds

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread