TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~A~ Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Name: Olivia zoey Davis.

Tell Me - March 2nd 2011, 12:49 AM

tell me everything you know about depression ,

why ,
how ,
what can be done to stop it,
everything and anything you know about it ,

please you would be helping me alot

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lex

Re: Tell Me - March 2nd 2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirl : ) View Post
tell me everything you know about depression ,

why ,
how ,
what can be done to stop it,
everything and anything you know about it ,

please you would be helping me alot
You cant really say exactly why depression happens. Same with how. Depression comes in different forms. Seasonal depression happens during a certain season. A lot of people get it during winter. Mild depression usually only last for a few days. Major depression can last for a while and is much harder to deal with. It can take counseling and somtimes medications. Bi-Polar is also a form of depression. Then the subject has extreams highs then switches to boughts of anger (very serious and somtimes scary) and depression. A lot of my family has depression so I've tried to learn about it. I know some more, so if you have any questions than u can ask me. I have some links also. I could probs find some theorys on the how and why.PM me if you want more

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~A~ Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Name: Olivia zoey Davis.

Re: Tell Me - March 2nd 2011, 07:21 PM

Im constantly crying
im not eating
im not sleeping , if i do sleep its for maybe 2 hours , and if i do i cry myself to sleep
im always upset ,
i get distracted out of no were,
trouble paying attention ,
im never happy i hide behind a fake smile, fake additude,
the only time im happy is when im listening to music,

whats wrong with me,

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

Re: Tell Me - March 3rd 2011, 03:02 AM

a way that i describe being truly depressed is being so painfully sad that you cant get up in the morning and you feel physically so sick that you cant barely move. at least thats how it used to be for me,

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lex

Re: Tell Me - March 3rd 2011, 03:37 PM

Maybe you should talk to a counselor. I mean it can be scary and I cant actually legally say you have depression but it sounds kinda like it. If you really want to get help you should talk to someone. PM me if you need anything

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Tell Me - March 3rd 2011, 07:55 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry that you're feeling like this at the moment. It's not something you deserve to go through.

Personally I think depression is different for everyone. No one else will understand exactly how you feel because your own emotions are different as are your past experiences which might be causing you to feel this way. But people can relate and try their best to sympathies and to help you as much as they can.

Of course people experience similar symptoms from depression such as over sleeping or not getting enough sleep, loss or gain of appetite, lack of concentration, low mood, feeling irritable or anxious, decisions making being hard. And then of course there are physical affects such as aching a lot, slow movement, tiredness etc. And it sounds like you're feeling and experiencing some of these things which of course points in the direction of depression.

Its not nice to feel this way, in fact its horrible and its exhausting. But it is okay. Its okay to feel low and its okay to have bad days and its okay to struggle. But you don't have to do it alone. We're always here for you if you ever need us. You can post in the forums, use helplink or use livehelp when its online. They're may be people willing to talk to you in the chat room and you can try using the blogs. We will try and support you our best. You can try talking to friends and parents too. These people love you for you. They really care about you and want to be there for you. You can try talking to a teacher if you're in school or college and you can also talk to a nurse/counselor there. These people are not just there for your education. They also care about your safety and well being. They can be really good people to lean on. You can also see your doctor and look into therapy. You don't have to be alone, but people can only help you if you let them in.

I know things are hard right now but they can and will get better. I am not saying its going to be easy because it wont be, but once you have beaten it you will be so happy to be alive and really glad that you never gave up. It will be so damn worth it in the end. You're so young and have your whole life ahead of you. The world is at your feet. So stay strong because you can beat this.

Keep your chin up.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread