TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Unhappy urgh - March 6th 2011, 09:21 PM

So many stupid little problems that I can't deal with

1. Practically obsessed with someone who I barely know
2. Hate uni, none of it is interesting, even though I've known that's what I wanted to study since I was about 12, actually sick of it, no motivation to study or do the work
3. Lost interest in reading, tv and video games, basically everything I do with my spare time, which is now spent sitting around getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of enjoyment I can derive from activities
4. Tired of going out with my friends, it's so boring, they are really irritating, could do without them if I didn't need human contact
5. Too scared to do EVERYTHING; Can't make phone calls, can't answer the door, can't learn to drive, can't speak to people I don't know, can't use public toilets, can't go anywhere I'm not familiar with, can't get involved in clubs, can't ask for jobs or anything
6. Feel really lonely, like REALLY lonely, like I can't connect with anyone and they might aswell not be there even though I'm surrounded by people all the time
7. Self harming again, did it for years before I managed to stop, now doing it again, not just cutting but hitting myself and throwing myself at walls and stuff
8. Get really, really angry over the tiniest things

I know these are all small things that sound trivial and stupid and that I should be able to deal with but I feel like I'm about to go over the edge
I think about really injuring myself a lot of the time but not to kill myself just so I could get time away from all these things for while
I'm sorry for ranting but I don't want to talk to my friends or anything about this and I need to get it out there

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: urgh - March 7th 2011, 09:13 PM

1. I've been down that same road and its friggen annoying.
2. Take a break from uni?
3. Talk to somebody bout why you are feeling this way
4. Get new friends
5. Why are you scared???
6. Find new people that you can get along with on emotional levels
7. You really shouldn't be doing that. It isn't healthy. Find a different way to cope (: Like talking to someone
8. Me too!!! Its stupid i know.

Its ok to talk and get things out there. And its not all stupid, at least i dont think it is. Its a healthy way to vent especially when people like me respond lol (:
I'm here if you need to talk about anything <3

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: urgh - March 8th 2011, 08:12 PM

Dear friend,

When 'small' things build up, their combined effect may be quite devastating. Please don't feel bad about feeling bad - that can only make things worse. Yes, you may have somehow worked yourself into a bad place - but you definitely have the ability to work your way out.

Recognizing these many sources of discomfort and putting a name to the feelings can be a helpful step. Now that we know what they are, we can work on them - one at a time. Concentrating on the big pile, and the fact that a big pile exists, is just going to make it all seem more overwhelming.

The most important thing to practice, is accepting things as they are, without judgment. For example, if you cannot derive any enjoyment from past hobbies, then okay, that is something to be acknowledged and no more. Notice how, if we get angry, frustrated, depressed, or have any other reactionary response, that ends up feeding into a vicious cycle and eventually even dragging in issues from different domains - complicating, and obscuring everything.

With a clearer mind, we can then look deeply into the circumstances at hand, and try to understand why things are as they are. Perhaps there are many reasons, some of which links to other more complex issues - that's okay. It isn't necessarily the aim to 'figure everything out' in one go - but with a deeper insight each issue and angle of our struggles, patterns and guidance towards future actions may at last emerge, naturally.

Getting thoughts down in a concrete form can be very helpful, and I encourage you to do so whenever you wish. Also, if you ever want to, feel free to PM me.

All the best,
Kaisada

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: urgh - March 9th 2011, 06:22 AM

Omg, I'm going through a lot of these things too. I thought I was the only one.

1. I feel like I'm obsessing over someone I barely know too.
2. Hate school, no motivation as well, even though I know it's going to cost me in the long run if I don't improve.
3. I too have lost interest in my hobbies. Video games aren't the same anymore, I feel like I'm growing out of them. I often find myself sitting around feeling incredibly angry at myself for not doing anything productive.
4. I was like this a few months ago. Trust me when I say don't go this way; they don't bother calling me anymore and I can honestly say it hurts.
5. I'm the exact same here, I get scared with all of the things you mentioned, especially driving. I haven't even gotten my 'L' yet (which is the written portion of the test here in Canada).
6. I don't know why I feel lonely as well even though I'm constantly with people at school. It feels depressing; I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when I say this.
7. The only thing I don't do. Can't bring myself to self harm. It will not only destroy my body, but my social life as well if my friends found out.
8. Exact same. My parents have asked me to get some help actually..

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I'd say we're twins. PM me anytime if you have questions; I feel like we're going through the same phase right now.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

Closed Thread