TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Name: Adam

Oh how it all went so terribly wrong. - March 7th 2011, 12:14 PM

I cannot talk to anyone about this, and sadly, there is no "TwentiesHelp" to go to, so I am posting it here, just to vent.

I feel really down, I have not felt like this in a very, very long time. Everything is going wrong.

-> I am doing a academically pointless course that I am only still on scalar I've shelled out the money. I have already got a degree qualification that supersedes what I will be receiving. Why? Because when I signed up for this course, I was unsure whether I would complete the degree.

-> I have mates addicted to weed. It has caused me to develop my own addiction, and during my first sober period, I have gone downhill so much. They say weed doesn't affect some people. It seems, unfortunately, that I am one of the few people it does affect.

-> As a former loner geek, I consider my ascension to relative popularity a great achievement. I am confident and outgoing, but that's only surface stuff. Inside, I doubt myself. Big time.

-> Despite many social life advancements, I am 22 and have had very little success with girls. I am growing sick of it. Perhaps it is neediness for female attention derived from not having a mother, so-called "mummy issues", who knows.

-> I have tried dating websites. Not my thing. I want to be able to pull in real life, in say, a club. Why settle for anything less?

Thanks in advance.

Formerly Known as 747

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: Oh how it all went so terribly wrong. - March 7th 2011, 12:37 PM

Hey there,

I know that you are look at life right now and asking yourself, "what is the point". Please don't do that. Look at what you have. You have an education that not many people have. Also DUMP the weed. I know this is probably easier said then done, but it is truly never going to help your mental state in the long run. If you need help with this you could try looking into substance abuse places around you, or seeking help from a counseler. You said that you have bad luck with girls, I doubt that is the case try putting yourself out there a little more.

Good Luck! I hope this helped
Trish
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Re: Oh how it all went so terribly wrong. - March 7th 2011, 01:55 PM

The solutions sound easy. It's implementing them I need advice on.

My "mates" include my best mate, his family are like my family to the extent I live in their house.

I have discussed the idea of quitting weed with my best mate before but this has been met with hostility. He does not have the motivation to give up and has made implications that if I do quit, it will be alone.

Putting myself out there...idk, I will search for clubs at college but other than those I do not see any other alternatives. Please note that by college I do not mean university.

It's not even shyness. I have a good friend at college - she's a married woman of 33.

Given weed being part of the issue, college counsellors are out of the question - at least, I would have to edit my story which defies the whole point.

Formerly Known as 747

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Re: Oh how it all went so terribly wrong. - March 7th 2011, 01:57 PM

Speaking of mental states, it's only day 1 of sobriety and I'm already on the verge of a fukin nervous breakdown. It's ridiculous. And no, I will not seek professional help in terms of a clinic, that would be a red flag that is simply not up for debate.

Formerly Known as 747

Closed Thread