TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FallenAngel1313 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Who do I talk to? - March 10th 2011, 04:57 AM

Uh, hi. My question is who is a good person that I should go talk to? For awhile now I've been really depressed and more recently I've been having a lot of suicidal thoughts, cuz I just don't want to have to feel the pain anymore. And I don't necessarily want to die, I just want release. I know I need help and I want it, but I don't know where to turn. None of my very few friends are mature enough or reliable enough to talk to, and I feel like I can't talk to my parents because I'm there perfect little girl, and I can't bare to destroy their image of me(regardless of how false it is). But then who can I turn to to talk to and get help?

P.s. I'm not old enough to see a psychiatrist without parent permission.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: Who do I talk to? - March 10th 2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel1313 View Post
Uh, hi. My question is who is a good person that I should go talk to? For awhile now I've been really depressed and more recently I've been having a lot of suicidal thoughts, cuz I just don't want to have to feel the pain anymore. And I don't necessarily want to die, I just want release. I know I need help and I want it, but I don't know where to turn. None of my very few friends are mature enough or reliable enough to talk to, and I feel like I can't talk to my parents because I'm there perfect little girl, and I can't bare to destroy their image of me(regardless of how false it is). But then who can I turn to to talk to and get help?

P.s. I'm not old enough to see a psychiatrist without parent permission.

well first of all...i think you should sit your parents down and explain to them what is going on..Suicide is something that shouldnt be ignored for any reason...

im sure your parents love you..and dont want to see something bad happen to you..

another thing is to speak to a school counsler...tell them what is going on...

but you cant keep this inside...you cant bottle it up...

hope this helps...
Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Infinite Limit Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michael

Re: Who do I talk to? - March 10th 2011, 12:25 PM

Well I'm guessing from your post that you don't want your parents to know, but - hypothetically - you talk to a teacher, school counsellor, or whomever. If they feel there's reasonable concern for your life, or someone else's life they will - by law - be obliged to tell your parents, and a doctor perhaps too.

I would suggest speaking to your parents maybe, with the hope of seeing a psychologist - do you think they'd have a bad reaction to it, or is it just nerves of doing it because, as you said, you don't want them to think poorly of you? (To be totally honest, I doubt they would in all honesty. Parents want nothing more than for their children to be happy and healthy. If you want/need this, then you should tell them. Hard, I know, but I told my mother and I had the same fears as you - turned out to be fine )

If not then a trusted teacher, or a school counsellor.

You always have us here at TeenHelp, and of course you can PM or VM me at any time if you would like to talk to someone.

Michael

"The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul"

Michael - Pilot Flying

Closed Thread