TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Angry Gah! - March 13th 2011, 08:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I really cannot do this anymore. I want to stop living and never have to go through this again. I thought I was better. So did everyone around me. Truth is, I never was. I wish nothing was going on around me at the moment. I'm hurting. Big time. Why? Because my parents won't let me go to University to study Teaching even though it was them that suggested me going to study Teaching in the first place, there's so many natural disasters happening now in the world and this morning when I woke up, my Mum told me that one of my Dad's friends had died, whom I've known since I was born. Even though he was living in England and we never really talked, it still affected me because he was my Dad's age. I guess I never really thought off any of my Dad's friends dying now or anytime soon. But now that this has happened, I now realise how precious life is. I really can't do this anymore. I'm struggling and it hurts even more to try. I just want to stay in bed, curl up and have all these problems disappear. But I know they won't. Even though other people speak to my parents, they still won't change their mind about me going to University, the only thing I can do to help those that are suffering from the natural disasters is donate money but I still feel like I should do more then that and I don't know what to do about my Dad's friend. I know I should talk to someone about it but I don't want too. I'd rather keep everything bottled up because that's how I get through things. I hate admitting that I need help with anything, even at work.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Gah! - March 13th 2011, 06:21 PM

Oh, sounds like me, the thing with the 'keeping feelings bottled up inside'.

Dear, you're eighteen, right? Once you've graduated (or you may have already), I'm guessing you're pretty much free to do as you will. If you want to go to University to study Teaching, then by all means do so. You might have it a little harder, having to pay your own way without your parents' help, and they may not like you much for doing it, but if it's really what you want to do, then do it. You'll regret it if you don't learn to listen to yourself before others.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: Gah! - March 14th 2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming ♥ View Post
I really cannot do this anymore. I want to stop living and never have to go through this again. I thought I was better. So did everyone around me. Truth is, I never was. I wish nothing was going on around me at the moment. I'm hurting. Big time. Why? Because my parents won't let me go to University to study Teaching even though it was them that suggested me going to study Teaching in the first place, there's so many natural disasters happening now in the world and this morning when I woke up, my Mum told me that one of my Dad's friends had died, whom I've known since I was born. Even though he was living in England and we never really talked, it still affected me because he was my Dad's age. I guess I never really thought off any of my Dad's friends dying now or anytime soon. But now that this has happened, I now realise how precious life is. I really can't do this anymore. I'm struggling and it hurts even more to try. I just want to stay in bed, curl up and have all these problems disappear. But I know they won't. Even though other people speak to my parents, they still won't change their mind about me going to University, the only thing I can do to help those that are suffering from the natural disasters is donate money but I still feel like I should do more then that and I don't know what to do about my Dad's friend. I know I should talk to someone about it but I don't want too. I'd rather keep everything bottled up because that's how I get through things. I hate admitting that I need help with anything, even at work.
oh hun..it breaks my heart to hear you say this...

well i think u need toi sit your parents down and talk to them about wanting to study teaching..if thats what you want to do...i dont know why they would suggest you teach..and then say you cant...that doesnt make sense to me...

eldora has a very good point...when she said that you will regret not listening to that "inner voice"

if you ever want to talk..all u have to do is PM me..im always here
Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
Closed Thread