TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

I just don't see the point. - March 15th 2011, 11:29 PM

I honestly don't and I'd very much like to give up. I know it's cowardly and the easy way out but at this moment in time, it's the best option. I'm tired of dragging myself out of bed in the morning just to face another shitty day. People keep telling me things will get better and I try to remind myself of that but it really doesn't show any sign of getting better, especially when I've felt this way for so long.

I just feel like I can't do this anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: I just don't see the point. - March 15th 2011, 11:54 PM

I feel the same way you do. Now Im being forced to see a med therapist and Ill probablly be put on so many meds and some wont work probably so will try more argg I dont want to go through that. Im sorry you feel this way tooo huggssss
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: I just don't see the point. - March 15th 2011, 11:55 PM

Listen, I can't promise things will get better. Even if I did it wouldn't help. Suicide is NOT cowardly. People only say that to make people feel bad about planning on doing so. But think, wouldn't it imake you happy to spit in the face of the world. By NOT killing yourself you would prove yourself a badass. No matter how shitty a day is, everday you live is another day to stick it to society.

I'm not going to lie to you, I'm not going to spew the whole "You're important to someone!!!!111!!!!oneone!!! dun't do ittt!!!!!!!". You might not be valued by anyone, maybe no one would give a shit if you died, but wouldn't you rather go out the old fashion way with a fireworks show and teary eyes then kill yourself now? Wouldn't you rather be remember as "The girl who never killed herself" rather than "The girl who quit."

Charlie, I know. I'm in the same shit hole. It feels bad doesn't it? But if you kill yourself you'll no longer be a human, just another suicide statistic. And let's face it, for everyone depressed teen who kills themself, there is one less of us. One less person who's fighting a good fight. One less person to relate to.

You might be important later, you might be a hero to many people, but to do so you must start by saving yourself.

- Justin

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: I just don't see the point. - March 16th 2011, 02:41 AM

Think of all the people who would be upset if you went along with it. Nobody here wants you to. Don't give up. We love you. Let's talk through this. I would really hate for you to go along with this. It seems as though this is the solution, but it isn't. This is a horrible choice, and I don't want to you to do it. Please don't. Our mind tells us that it is the right thing to do, but in reality, it isn't. Loved ones will be upset. Nothing will be gained. What you are doing is only going to lead to more upset. We love you too much.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
makeusmile Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I just don't see the point. - March 16th 2011, 03:42 AM

Hey,

I don't know exactly what your situation is, but I want to let you know that I've been there. Other people have been there too. Not your exact situation- everyones is differnt. We've all got our own unique worries and problems. But depression- you're not alone in feeling depression and you're not alone in wnating to give up. There was a time I didn't want to go on.

Life changes a lot over time and sometiems we struggle. Sometiems we feel sad and down and everything seems pointless. I hope you continue facing every day. Honestly, I hope you feel pride for making it through tough times. I don't know you but I'm proud of you. It can be so hard, especially if you don't have anybody to talk to.

I hope you reach out- to a counselor if nobody else. I hope you try to get connected with new activiites and new people. Maybe thats what you need. I dont know. I don't know your situation and everyones is different.

I'm sending you out my personal best wishes though. Please don't hesitate to contact me either. I wish you the absolute best. It breaks my heart to hear about people going through this kind of hurt. I've been through severe depression and god I know it hurts. I want you wiht all my heart to have hope. It's not easy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: I just don't see the point. - March 16th 2011, 04:54 AM

I have moments like these in my life. What is it all for? Why continue the drudgery? People will constantly tell you that things will get better, in some attempt to assuage your fear of the unknown, but that isn't enough. Your logical* conclusions track as far forward as they can until they hit the unknown. Everything looks bleak.

Then I think forward to the unknown. The future is amorphous and can effortlessly and readily change in the blink of an eye. As such, it can completely switch your living conditions without any foreshadowing what-so-ever. Anything can happen.

Every person's life is an adventure that they, themselves, must choose to unfold.

*Note: Depressed logic can and will reinforce itself, but it doesn't stand up to big picture analysis after-the-fact. Give it time.

Closed Thread