TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 17th 2011, 02:29 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok guys I know I havenít been on here for a while. Iíve been trying really hard to keep my demons at bay. Iíve stopped cutting for about 7months now. But a couple of weeks ago I did something stupid and I kept snapping a rubber band around my wrists till it started to bruise. Plus Iíve started university in new city and Iím finding it really hard because I donít know any one or where anything is.

I guess my main point that Iím trying to make is that I feel like cutting again, and all my depression is coming back. Iím so afraid of it coming back.

If anyone has any advice it would be great

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 17th 2011, 03:10 AM

It's going to be fine. Seven months without cutting. That is great. You should be proud of yourself. I know that it is hard to quit. I have been a really bad cutter myself. You are using a distraction right now. You put a band around your wrist. But you say that it is bruising your arm? Maybe we should go onto something else. Have you tried holding ice cubes? I can give you other distractions. Do you write your feelings down in a journal? Do you do any exercise? Try to do something physical. If you want to talk about it you can. Talking and letting all of your feelings out is a good way to quit as well. We are always open to help you. So don't be afraid to talk to us. I hope things go well for you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 18th 2011, 10:44 PM

Hey there

Seven months with out self harming is honestly amazing and purely inspirational. It proves that somewhere deep down even though at times it might be hard for you to see it, you have the strength to pull through.

When it comes to you being at university and struggling with that I think you really need to try and get to talk to people. I know that can be hard and scary but you can do it and it might really help you. That way you will start to get to know people and then that will lead to you going out with them and getting to know the area a bit better. Even if you're in a lecture and just randomly say hi to one of them how they are and take it from there. Remember once you're in a conversation with them its a two way thing. It's not all down to you to make the conversation starters.

Self harm is a viscous cycle and it can be hard to break and even when you get out of the routine of self harm, the chances are pretty high that you're still going to get urges and feel low at times and its not going to be easy to avoid those thoughts and urges like you know. Have you tried using any distractions? I know you say you've tried the elastic band but it concerns me that thats become more of a way to hurt yourself now so trying other things could be really good for you. Here is the list of alternatives. Not every single one there for you will help you so when you do come across something which doesn't help don't let it set you back. Don't stop trying. Keep on going and keep on trying the other things until you have find a few things which help you.

I was also wondering if you have anyone to talk to? Whether thats being someone who teaches you at University, a family member or even a doctor. Having someone to lean on can be really helpful and can take a lot of pressure of us. It can be really useful to have someone to lean on when we feel at our lowest. However I know this is hard but I also know you can do it. You can also contact a hotlines. These people understand that it is going to be really hard for you to get in touch with them and for you to open up and talk about how you are feeling and what you are thinking. They won't force you to talk about anything or push you into anything and they won't judge you. They are there to help you and they care about you.

I really hope this helps and I really hope things start to look up.
Stay strong, you can beat this.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 19th 2011, 09:34 AM

I tried to join groups but people are just ignorng me. I dont have any one here that I can turn to. I ve tried to make friends, but it didnt work out. Plus i thought that i made friends with this 1 girl but she ended up ditching me for other people. So im a loner that just sits bythemselves. I sort of had a relapse today and strated to pinching myself. and i kept thinking about but cutting yet i didnt. but now im afraid that im going to start again I feel so alone. I haven't cut yet but I'm pretty close to. I've traced on my arms over all my old wounds. And like I said I just don't know what to do

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 19th 2011, 10:07 AM

Sorry your goign through such a hard time at the moment. If ever need to talk to can talk to me i dont mind and there are plenty of others on this site that would be happy to help you
as for people ignoring you im sure there not. Have you tried approaching them and talking to them. Making friends is difficult and it takes time and effort. Try approaching someone who looks sad or is on there own this can help and often does help to form good friendships.
You have been so strong and amazing you havent self harmed in a long time so why start again. just keep strong your an amazing person and you can do it x
If you ever feel alone there are plenty of people here you can talk to x
feel free to pm me if you want to chat
take care <3

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Pele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 20th 2011, 08:41 AM

Yes I have tried, i sat next to this one guy and he got up and moved away from me. So I still just sit by myself like the little loner that I am.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 20th 2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele View Post
Yes I have tried, i sat next to this one guy and he got up and moved away from me. So I still just sit by myself like the little loner that I am.
Don't let him get to you. If someone pushes you away, just walk on. I wouldn't want to be friends with a person like that anyways. Go up and introduce yourself to someone else. Just ask them what classes they enjoy, or talk about a TV show, or a movie that you had just recently seen. I'm sure you will do fine.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Pele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Dont Know What to Do ? - March 23rd 2011, 10:21 AM

I have introduced myself to everyone in the classes that I'm in, but no one seems to be interested in being friends with me. I mean itís been almost 1 month since I started university and I donít have any friends.

It's like I'm invisible or something. The only time that they noticed me was when I walked in late to the lecture, thats it.

Closed Thread