TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ontheBUS Offline
Not a n00b

Overwhelmed and alone. Please help! - March 17th 2011, 07:05 PM

I've had anxiety/depression for a while, but I was very recently told I also have ADD, and so I've been without meds of any kind (until we figure everything out). It's been overwhelming and I don't know when I'll be able to get new medicine.
Right now it's spring break and I am alone in my dorm room. I've had daily breakdowns because I am so lonely and bored. My roommate used to be my friend, but since we moved in together in January has become cold, sometimes not speaking to me for days. She saw a bunch of our friends from high school this week, and didn't invite me, then left on a "trip" which I learned via facebook was to see our mutual college friend out of state.
My other friend has sort of ditched everyone at the university because she has decided to drop out next year and become a firefighter. She now hangs out almost exclusively with people from her training, and if I DO see her, it is like it is my sole responsibility to entertain her.
The thing is I hardly have money to entertain MYSELF. I have about $30 I need to make last until May for gas, and the rest of my allowance was spent on DELICIOUS FROZEN DINNERS that I'll be enjoying alone until the week is up, MMM. I feel like all there is to do here is go to the gym and eat, which I'd be doing all the time, IF I HAD MONEY. I've sold any and all excess clothing and textbooks, but I hardly got anything for them, maybe enough to entertain myself for an afternoon, and I have little to show for what I've scrounged up and sold.
My mom doesn't have anything more to give me and is only infuriating me further by suggesting I invite my friends over to go to movies or out to eat. I'D LOVE TO IF I HAD THE MEANS. I don't even have the money to drive around town. I'm at my wits end. I've been stuck in this room alone for days. Even walking around campus NOBODY IS HERE. I don't know what to do with myself, I can't stand sitting in here sobbing all day. I've been there for my friends through horrendous things, but somehow I'm here alone during one of the more difficult times in MY life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Overwhelmed and alone. Please help! - March 20th 2011, 11:58 AM

Hey there,

How are you? I regret to see that your thread hasn't yet recieved any replies - I've actually been on Spring Break myself. I hope that despite what started out as a rocky vacation for you actually turned out to be a relaxing and peaceful time for you.

Its definitely an uncomfortable situation when roommates are not as close of friends as either throught they were going to be at the beginning of the year, but hopefully, even if you guys aren't BEST friends, you can still be pleasant around each other and really enjoy living on campus.

As far as activities go, I know that at my school, there are TONS of events (free or very cheap) planned by the Residence Life Staff for the residents on each hall. I highly encourage you to look into some of these so that you might be able to meet more people through that route. Also, there are lots of campus activities--Greek life (I'm not Greek myself, but I have a lot of friends who love it), sports teams, intramurals, SGA...the list goes on and on! Check on the website of your school and see if you can find a listing of all student acitivities. I'm sure, with such a wide variety, you'll be able to find something that suits your fancy! (:

Otherwise, just remember that all the people will probably be returning today or tomorrow from Spring Break, so hopefully you won't feel quite so lonely. In the meantime, hang in there.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread