TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Can i do it again? - March 20th 2011, 02:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I could do it again. I would OD tynole n some other things to end my life. I have wrote a suicide note before but didnt have the time to think bout wat i would do to kill myself. i think it could happen again n then people would do more to help me to get better. when i tried to hangmyself it felt so good. I didnt feel no pain, no worries, no life to worrie bout. I know people would be upset but it would be better if i was gone. Im not worth living. it just getting worse. Nobody understands me. Ive tried to do the best tat i cand but its not good enough. I just feel like giving up. It didnt matter if i still lived after i did it but then i would try harder to do it again til i would die. Last week when i tried to OD it didnt work. I was trying to do it on Tynole bc of my liver n its bad anyways so i was going to kill myself over tynole n then hang myself...I dont care anymore wat others think. I didnt care if i would die or not or be put into a mental hospital. Longs if im away from here....

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: Can i do it again? - March 20th 2011, 03:56 PM

Please don't I know it may not seem like it but there are lots of people who care about you and would want to help you. I know it's really hard to ask for help but things will get better. I have been where you are now so can relate to it really well. Maybe you could tell a friend. I text mine as I couldn't say it to her face. She told a teacher and then they helped me to get the help that I needed. I know it's scary but it wont be as bad as you think. I'm fairly certain they won't put you in a ''mental hospital'' so don't worry.
And why do you want to get away from there? What's bothering you that you hate it so much? If you don't want to say here you could always pm me I would be happy to listen and try and help.
Please don't do anything permemant. There are people out there who care a lot about you and there are people who can help you if you just ask.
Stay strong <3

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Re: Can i do it again? - March 20th 2011, 04:35 PM

omg i dont know anymore. I have a countdown to the day im going to end it.

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Can i do it again? - March 20th 2011, 05:10 PM

I just want you to be aware that while suicide is possible, the majority of the most widely-used methods have a high risk of serious bodily harm and a very low risk of actually killing you. Most pills available to you, especially Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc. have very low overdose death rates - more often than not the patient ends up with temporary symptoms similar to gastroenteritis (stomach flu) for a while, then there's a pretty substantial risk of developing gastric ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, gastric bleeding, coma, seizure, cardiac arrest... Basically everything painful that could happen in your GI tract, lungs, or heart, you run a serious risk of getting EXCEPT for death. To be frank most poison control center calls are teenagers who tried to OD on painkillers and muscle relaxers and end up in the E.R. where they've been vomiting since a half hour after the attempt or are administered an emetic drug to induce it.

There are VERY few drugs you can buy over the counter and only slightly more you can be prescribed that will actually KILL you before fucking with your GI tract and coming back up. Michael Jackson was on hardcore anesthetics CONSTANTLY before he actually died. If you try to OD on pills, I guarantee you, you will not die but I also promise you you'll spend the next several years in the same external situation with a hell of a lot more pain.

Hanging is also not recommended - there's a reason the family and friends of criminals back when it was still a means of execution would bribe the executioner: there are so many factors that have to be right, and if they aren't you'll more likely hurt yourself permanently (but consciously) than kill yourself. First of all, unless you have access to a gallows, it's simply not a good idea. Hanging, as it was used as an execution device, did not CHOKE the victim to death, it broke the neck with the fall. If the neck doesn't break, the victim is slowly asphyxiated. However, most people who try this end up back in the hospital again and it's very common to suffer permanent paralysis due to the lack of oxygen flow to the brain. They're still fully conscious for the rest of their lives, just trapped in their bodies. It is GUARANTEED that if you survive (which is very likely) you will suffer serious mental disability for the rest of your life, brain damage can occur after only 3 minutes of restricted oxygen flow to the brain and unless you're an olympic swimmer or David Blane, I'm doubting you can slow your heart rate down enough to do that. Case in point, you're gonna torture yourself.

In the last thread about this you kept blaming the devil for your temptation to do this - that is not the case. YOU have the power to save yourself, and you recognize the consequences that will occur if you choose not to. This is not the devil, this is you.

If you try any of the shit ideas you've come up with you are simply going to torture yourself but you most likely will NOT die. I'm not gonna sugar coat it for you, you're going to put yourself in a SHIT ton of pain and most likely lose your freedom after being placed permanently in a mental institution. Seriously, weigh the outcomes here.

White hats in the air for the American way

(#5 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Can i do it again? - March 20th 2011, 05:37 PM

Hun, I know that you're scared, and i know that you're in pain, but as the previous poster said, trying to take your own life isn't going to solve anything. You need to tell an adult that you trust (or at least a close friend and let THEM help you tell an adult) and get help! i know that's a scary thing to do, but it will feel less scary after you tell them.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

Closed Thread