TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sasbomb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amelia Smith

Unhappy FML! - March 24th 2011, 10:00 PM

My life is soo ficking shit at the moment. My family treats me like a piece of dog crap on the bottom of their shoe - they blame me for everything, and my brothers and sister gang up on me. I can't cope with the amount of work I have at the moment, and with all my instruments and I'm way too stressed. I'm really fat (I have an awful figure), I'm totally fugly and no guy will ever like me. I feel like I have no friends apart from this one girl at school, but apart from that I feel alone in this world. I cry more or less every night, and have started drinking quite a bit recently, so I can forget all of this shit. I feel like I'm not wanted and I don't understand why I should still be here. I think that I should either die or run away. At the moment Italy is my best option for running away - I've just been on an exchange and it felt like I was someone else, who had an amazing life, and had no shit whatsoever.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: FML! - March 24th 2011, 10:08 PM

1. I doubt you are "Fat" amazingly enough. Trust me, you're fin just the way you are.
2. I'm sure someone will want you some day, but you need confidence!
3. Drinking to forget problems will likely cause addiction, they will be there when you stop drinking so eventually you just won't stop.
4. Running away to Italy is stupid. I'm sorry but it really is. Sure when you exchanged there it was cool, but that's because it was a vacation. Eventually it will become life and it will suck again.

I'm sorry things are so rough for you, but don't do anything silly.

- Justin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: FML! - March 24th 2011, 10:41 PM

Hi.

Well, first of all, I'm going to agree with Justin on this: You might think your fat, but then again, you might not be. And even if you are, don't worry at all about it. There will always be someone who is willing to love you for who you are, who will think you're beautiful despite you being 'fat'. And, if you still feel you need to be thinner in order to be more beautiful (to yourself, not to others; if you're doing it for others it won't work), then there's no time like the present to lose weight.

As for your family, sometimes I know it feels like they treat you like shit. My little sister treats me like shit all the time. The best thing to do? Go in your room, listen to some good music, and altogether avoid them.

BUT:

I'm going to tell you this. Most of the time, your parents do love you. But sometimes, we become so miserable that it feels like every time someone says something to us, it's to make you angry or to hurt you. For instance, I used to think my mom's constantly nagging at me to help around the house and to clean my room was mean. She used to quarrel at me about it, but when I finally started helping her around the house, I realized that she herself was feeling too overloaded and needed a break. So I started helping more, and now we get along just fine. And if you feel like you're being blamed for everything, no offense, but there probably is a reason behind it. I realized when I stopped being a rebel that my parents were just trying to keep me from turning into a depressed layabout.

My advice is this: Just do what your parents tell you to do, and you'll all get along just fine, and you might even be able to tell them that your siblings treat you like shit and they'll help you. Unless they (your parents) physically abuse you or shout at you constantly, because that's when you talk to the police.

Now, about the drinking: Drop it! It's bad for you, period. And be honest: Would you want to date a depressed drunkard? In order to get out of this situation, you have to have the strength to get out of it, and you can't do that while lost in your cup, my dear.

And if you believe nobody likes you, they won't. If you go around saying 'Nobody likes me' all the time, then everyone will unconsciously think that there's a reason why nobody likes you, and they won't like you.

You have one friend at school, and wish you had more? Make more. It's amazing how many friends you can make, just being polite, and going through your day without sulking the whole time. Trust me, you'll be happier for it.

And if you want to run away to Italy: Don't. Reason number one: It's crazy, because all you have to do is adjust to the situation by being more reasonable and less miserable and learning to solve your problems yourself. Reason number two: Your parents will just come back and tell you you're alright, and will be so worried that you will start to feel smothered and guilty for running away, and you'll fall even deeper into your depression.

To sum it all up: Don't run away from your problems. Don't say your life is worthless. Don't say nobody likes you. Learn to fix your own problems. Don't be something you don't want to be.

Explanation of that last bit: If you don't like who you are and the life you're living, you, and no one else, can change yourself. For instance, you can't just say 'Oh, I'm fat' and do nothing about it, you can't just say 'I have no friends but this one' and do nothing about it, you can't just say 'I'm miserable' and do nothing about it. That's a path you don't want to go any further down.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh. But no, then again, I'm not. Because sometimes people sink so far down that comfort just assures them that they are worthy of pity, and they don't even do anything about it. So I did what I do best, and was blunt.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Spidok Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FML! - March 24th 2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
1. I doubt you are "Fat" amazingly enough. Trust me, you're fin just the way you are.
2. I'm sure someone will want you some day, but you need confidence!
3. Drinking to forget problems will likely cause addiction, they will be there when you stop drinking so eventually you just won't stop.
4. Running away to Italy is stupid. I'm sorry but it really is. Sure when you exchanged there it was cool, but that's because it was a vacation. Eventually it will become life and it will suck again.

I'm sorry things are so rough for you, but don't do anything silly.

- Justin
I agree with what you are saying about running away. I've been away places before and that is a good break from your problems but in the long term they will follow you. So there isn't much point to running away really.

However I disagree with you telling someone that they are fine the way they are when you have no idea how much they weigh or what they look like. For all we know this person could be dangerously obese.

Anyway Sasbomb, I have the same problems with relationships. I feel like no girl will ever like me just because I'm a bit overweight. Have you ever tried online dating? Even if you don't end up meeting guys, talking to them online might help with your confidence. This is something I've done and now I'm actually able to have a conversation with somebody of the opposite sex in real life just because I found out through the internet that it isn't as hard as I used to think

(#5 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: FML! - March 25th 2011, 03:47 PM

Spidok: Look at the rest of her post, she has low self confidence, she depressed and looking for problems about herself. More reasons to hate. I'm sure she is slightly overweight at best.

I don't know if you've ever been depressed, but when I was, no matter what anyone told me I was the sorriest excuse for a male human being in the world. I was stupid, I was a loser, I was useless in every way, now I feel somewhat better, still not good but I realize I'm not THE worst human being around. Even if you were depressed, it might still seem illogical now, but that's how depression works at the time. The best thing to help a depressed person is to stop them from doing something dumb and reassuring them their logic won't work that way forever.

- Justin

Closed Thread