TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crazykid43210 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Depression! Please help! - March 25th 2011, 06:34 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello everyone! I'm new here!

So, here's my problem! This has been irritating me for a while!

When I was admitted to a new school, I got a huge group of friends, all males! This group has been with me since then, and it's been four years now! We would not even talk to girls, let alone befriend them! But, last year, someone from our group befriended one, and since then, there are about six to seven girls in our group!
Among all of them, I had a special friendship with three boys! We were the 'bestest' of friends! But since the girls have come in, I think that the group's 'changing'!
Since the last year, these three boys have become closer to the girls, ignoring me! Even I was a little friendly with the girls, helping them in times of need, but now even they seem to ignore me!
This year, we had a special occasion in school! But during that time, those three and the girls were really close, ignoring me the whole time! That was so depressing!
I tried to talk to them(meaning those three, and the girls!), and they all apologised and all, and we were all friends again! But then again, the same thing happened! They again started ignoring me after a week or so! I tried to talk to them again, and again they apologised!
I thought that that would do it, but no! They again started ignoring me after a week! Then, I thought about it for two full days! This led to some conclusions like they must not want me, must be embarrassed to talk to me, etc! I tried to tell them this and they assured me that it was not so! But, the ignoring continued! They said that it was not being done purposefully! But still, it continued!
I am in a fix now, as to what to do! I fell that my conclusions are real! This is depressing me! What should I do? Please, can anyone help me? I am on the verge of depression, and this loss of friends is definitely urging me to contemplate suicide!
Do help me. Thanking you in advance!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Depression! Please help! - March 25th 2011, 02:51 PM

Hey, welcome to TH.

I see you had a close bond with those three. You seemed inseparable from them. They were your best friends, and you thought that you guys were going to be together forever. When they started talking to other people, you started to feel isolated. You should take this opportunity to get to know these people. It is called being a "mutual friend". I don't think you are being avoided. Even though you have a close friendship with your original friends, it doesn't mean you can't get to know more people as well. You should learn to keep your old friends, and make new ones. You say that they are avoiding you, and ignoring you right? I would just talk to them. Let them know how you feel. Find a quiet time, and just say what is on your mind. Let them know your true feelings. Perhaps they are really busy and it is hard for them to keep in touch. You don't have their email or phone number so you can contact them? I don't want you to hurt yourself. There is no reason for you to be depressed. If you have problems with your friends, you have to resolve them. I don't think your friendship is doomed. Sometimes friends distance themselves away from each other. It doesn't mean that they are no longer friends, just that with their current schedule, it's hard for them to keep in touch. I really don't want you to be upset. I don't want you to hurt yourself. Don't be afraid to talk to us. We are always here to help you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Crazykid43210 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: Depression! Please help! - March 28th 2011, 05:52 AM

Thanks Vibrant! I tried out your advice! It seems to work! I think I'll have to talk to them again! More emotionally!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crazykid43210 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression! Please help! - March 28th 2011, 06:56 PM

Today, all of my friends, including me, went out for a movie! But, still this ignoring persists! Why am I always rejected? Is there something wrong with my behaviour, I ask myself all the time! I don't know what to do! Sorry, but your help is needed again!

P.S: I began to think out all the matter in another way, and found out that, the reason might be a crush on one of the girls!

Closed Thread